What's new

Best Nose/ear hair clippers?

a timely thread as I was just coming to this forum to ask the same question. hair inside the ear is a pita, but the groommate seems like a great solution, the stuff on the lobes and around the outside edges of the ear though this doesn't seem like a great option, I want that stuff on the outside cut darn near razor blade close, I don't care if I have to do it a couple times a week.

I use a scissors for the inside and just clip as far as I can, and use my clippers as close as I can on the lobes-----close enough for me, I'm not about to start plucking/shaving my ear lobes!

hey i just received the groomate, i guess its for very hairy nose hairs,a clean passage and "stragglers" which it does quite well--- for me it was not doing any better than my small scissors From my perspective and What I felt i needed-------- its a well made piece of american machinery, anyway, i had a fantastic talk with the owner, of Groom mate, pro American, everything he does is made in the Good ole US of A, he said he is working on a NEW improved model ( i dont see how one could get much better) for EVEN closer results-
In amazement ,I have been chosen to receive a free model for testing, this company is unbelievable , if ALL American companies operated like this , we would be perfect in every way- self sufficient and would be relied upon by other countries INSTEAD of relying on them--------as far as i am concerned this is the true Spirit of American patriotism , ingenuity and concerns for the customer, while still making acceptable monetary gain-------I have yet to SEE this kind of /depth of , respect for customers -------------OLD TIME American thinking is back in town, Built to last
I could say more, but i think i have hit the mark

Last edited:
Got mine in the post today and gave it a test drive. Works really well. Just don't move it around inside your nose while your twisting, or you may feel some pulling. Rather, focus on one spot, twist, stop and then move on.

I didn't feel like it was cutting anything. When I looked up my schnoz-ola...clean as a whistle.

It does look very much like the Dovo at around half the price, I will check them both out and see what I like. Half price is good-I must admit.

Well, based on this thread I ordered one last week. It arrived quite fast and I was very impressed. Since I am 70 years young the hair on my head grows slowly - but the hair from my nostrils needs harvesting at least twice a week. This product works far superior to the electric clippers I was using. In fact, my wife was so impressed she thought it would be a good idea to order another one for my travel kit!

Seems to be a solid consensus here. I'll put a Groommate XL on on order in the morning.

Thanks for the info, folks!

Tim

a timely thread as I was just coming to this forum to ask the same question. hair inside the ear is a pita, but the groommate seems like a great solution, the stuff on the lobes and around the outside edges of the ear though this doesn't seem like a great option, I want that stuff on the outside cut darn near razor blade close, I don't care if I have to do it a couple times a week.

The "As Seen On TV" Finishing Touch I mentioned earlier in this thread works great for this. It gets some bad reviews on Amazon but works great for me, I've had it for years and have no issues with it. Works great.

Did I mention that it works great?

Last edited:
This thread piqued my interest in the groom mate so I ordered one on Saturday. It arrived today and I just finished using it.

I am pleased :clap:

The "As Seen On TV" Finishing Touch I mentioned earlier in this thread works great for this. It gets some bad reviews on Amazon but works great for me, I've had it for years and have no issues with it. Works great.

Did I mention that it works great?

Are you trying to convince us or yourself?

I had it with electric nose hair trimmers. They work for awhile then the problems happen. With this many replies in this thread, the reviews on Amazon alone, and also compared to the Dovo which at this time only has two reviews versus Groom Mate's 566 reviews as of 7/17/2012 I would say stop trying to convince yourself and get one too. Mine can't come in the mail fast enough for I really need to trim these suckers and my Norelco just stopped working right recently.

I have a Groom Mate Platinum XL, and frankly, it is sort of unwieldy. It just does not seem to do a great job of trimming nose hair. Maybe I just don't know how to use it properly, but I have a hard time getting it to cut.

I have also tried pulling out the hairs with a tweezer, which can be fun if you enjoy a small amount of pain (Ouch!).

Ultimately, I will probably pick up a cheap electric nose hair trimmer. Something like one of these:

http://nose-hair-trimmers.net/best-trimmers/

I like the Groom Mate a lot. It takes two hands. And yeah a little bit of practice/observation to see how to tilt it or how far into your nosteil or ear it has to go to cut. It's not waving an electronilc one around while blades whir away. It really is manual!

Holy cow, I'm reading this thread (because I'm in the right demographic...hair growing where it didn't used to...) and I keep seeing the name Groom Mate, and figure I should hit the link in one of the previous posts just to see.
My Dad had/has one of those from the 70's! I could ask him if he's still got it around and endure the same WTH look he gave me when I asked if he still had his old DE razor. Or just order a new one for myself online.
Hello, Amazon.

Small rounded tip scissors and a tweezer. Yes..you are getting old when your hair leaves your head and goes to your Ears, Nose and other Random places.

Top Bottom