What's new

Well that stinks

As I was unpacking my stuff at a family member's home during a recent visit I took my toiletry kit to the bathroom. After I hung the kit on the back of the door I unzipped it and watched helplessly as my half filled bottle of Proraso aftershave went crashing to the tile floor. Glass everywhere. I guess I'll *have* to order a bottle of their new formula now.

On a positive note, their basement smells great.

Of course, the most expensive anything I've ever used (and liked very well) was British Sterling, and that was a gift. I used to have a roll-up kit that had lots of pockets and things in it, but I swapped it for a differently shaped kit that unfolds to expose only two zippered larger pockets, with one center flap covered with elastic straps for razor, toothbrush, toenail clipper, tweezer, etc.

Once upon a time, you could buy "trial size / travel size" containers of almost all your toiletry products, all in unbreakable materials. I don't see those in the store much any more, so now I carry my own downsized plastic containers I refill at home before leaving for anywhere else (though I travel rather seldom any more).

Quite recently, I dropped and shattered the little lathering bowl that came with my Van Der Hagen deLuxe set of brush, soap, and bowl. I'm still worried I might have missed a sharp shard from that. Glass would be worse.

Of course, the most expensive anything I've ever used (and liked very well) was British Sterling, and that was a gift. I used to have a roll-up kit that had lots of pockets and things in it, but I swapped it for a differently shaped kit that unfolds to expose only two zippered larger pockets, with one center flap covered with elastic straps for razor, toothbrush, toenail clipper, tweezer, etc.

Once upon a time, you could buy "trial size / travel size" containers of almost all your toiletry products, all in unbreakable materials. I don't see those in the store much any more, so now I carry my own downsized plastic containers I refill at home before leaving for anywhere else (though I travel rather seldom any more).

Quite recently, I dropped and shattered the little lathering bowl that came with my Van Der Hagen deLuxe set of brush, soap, and bowl. I'm still worried I might have missed a sharp shard from that. Glass would be worse.

i still see them around. just need to dig around.now that i think about it there no "trial or travel size" aftershaves sold in big box stores

Everyone complains about plastic AS bottles. Sure they don't "look" cool but I can tell you from experience that they DO BOUNCE "cool" :lol:

Top Bottom