Lime fragrances: your favorite(s) ?

After testing the following lime-based fragrances:

Penhaligon's Extract of Limes - ok
Geo F. Trumper Extract of West Indian Limes - very nice, zesty
St. John's West Indian Lime - bad
Floris Limes - too soapy
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes - very nice, sweet
Royall Lyme - ok

I'm interested in opinions of the Caswell massey or Crabtree & Evelyn Lime fragrances. Or even the lower end of Pinaud, Stephans, or Citrocol. Has anyone tried these? Thoughts?

I would say that my favorite of the ones you list is the Pen's.

I love Pinaud's Lime Sec, which is pure artificial lollipop lime, but I am not sure I would actually wear it. I think I like lime better as an element of other scents such as C&S Cuba. Even the lime in Creed VIW is really nice. For that matter, Ogallala'a Limes and Peppercorns bay rum.

After testing the following lime-based fragrances:

Penhaligon's Extract of Limes - ok
Geo F. Trumper Extract of West Indian Limes - very nice, zesty
St. John's West Indian Lime - bad
Floris Limes - too soapy
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes - very nice, sweet
Royall Lyme - ok

I'm interested in opinions of the Caswell massey or Crabtree & Evelyn Lime fragrances. Or even the lower end of Pinaud, Stephans, or Citrocol. Has anyone tried these? Thoughts?

I have tried most of them and, with the exception of Royall Lyme, they were very brief experience where none even lasted an hour on me. The GFT was excellent..........for about 20 minutes and then it was gone.
Have you tried Castle Forbes Lime. It was a limited edition release from 2008 (?) and lasts a lot longer on me than the others. I've even layered it with Royall Lyme in hot humid weather with very good results.

i have the C&E sandalwood,i just found it way in the back of our cabinets----- the scent faded away after about 2 years, very weak now does not last

I only have Royall Lyme so far and I'm not that impressed. Unlike many others on Basenotes and Fragrantica, I find it more dry than sweet... more lime rind than lime juice. That I don't mind. What I do mind is the strong alcohol/perfumey smell in its opening, and when that's gone I'm not left with much more. It is a veeeery short-lived fragrance; probably better used as an aftershave splash than as a cologne. Can't really complain because it costs next to nothing. But now I have this massive bottle of juice I never use, just sitting there taking up shelf space. Anyone interested in trying it? Just let me know and I'll send out decants for only the cost of shipping once I get some atomizers ordered.

I have C&E WIL, and although it's not a super long-lasting fragrance (no lime frag will be) its slightly woody/spicy drydown improves its longevity greatly.

I've had two mates comment on how good it smells without any prompting, and they're not frag heads by any stretch of the imagination.

I say give it a try, as I'll be replacing my bottle when it runs out.

Went through a lot of limes myself. I have the C&E, Royall, Taylor's VL and Caswell Massey. CM has a good deal of nutmug. It's sort of in the same boat as Royall, with nutmeg rather than Royall's bay note. Crabtree does last but doesn't really smell much like lime, and it seems REALLY synthetic. The best of the lot is the Taylor's Victorian Lime, which smells more of lime oil, which tends to smell like lemon oil furniture polish, but it's got a nice leather, floral dry-down, which really works.

Top Bottom