What's new

First DE Shave Today

Welcome! I had my first ever DE shave this morning with a '63 English Tech. Definitely a little slower going in my experience too. Can't want to shave again, which is pretty impressive since I usually TRY to only shave once or twice a week if I can help it =)

Though it's fine to share your experience here, be sure to start your own thread if you want feedback. Congrats on the first shave.

Welcome to B&B! So good to hear you had a good first experience. Sounds like a nice razor that you have. Those are great first razors that are good enough to stay with you for a lifetime.

Welcome to B&B ... and Congrats on your first DE shave.

Keep going and as you gain experience, it even gets a whole lot better!!! :thumbup:

Boy, lately, B&B has gained 3 or 4 new North Florida folks ... I'm in South Georgia so we are neighbors - sorta! :001_cool:

Nice! Great razor to begin your journey, and I can't seem to go back to my 34C after getting one!

What did you use for lather?

I just used the Edge Gel stuff that was sitting around from my past life of cartridges :eek: I know this is crap and although the shaves have gotten better with that stuff while working on technique... With that said I now have Barbasol in my arsenal which I always looked past because of the "higher price means better" mentality. I hear from this forum that it is at least respectable. I also plan on swinging by a store today to pick up some Cremo and some other stuff (not sure what they have... I know it isn't a lot). Can't wait to continue this journey

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Feels so good, a quality instrument in the hand, doesn't it?

The first day I got my old Hoffritz Slant, I spent hours just hefting the thing. Same with my latest, an R41.

With a little bit of luck, yours will last a lifetime (though, sadly, my Slant did not.)

Bill
BOTOC

Feels so good, a quality instrument in the hand, doesn't it?

Absolutely! Quality means a great deal to me when it comes to tools... from the wrenches in my tool box to the knives I carry everyday. There isn't enough to be said about how much better tasks are with QUALITY tools. I just have no idea what took me so long to see the connection to my shave.

Oh and I do randomly just sit there and play with it in my hand too... :whistling:

Congrats. I too have a EJ DE89 and love it. So smooth and great looking. If Snap-On made chromed razors, it would be the DE89. Maybe this would be crossing a line, but I'd be interested to see what a company like Benchmade or Kershaw or SOG would do for a DE razor.

Happy shaving and welcome to the wet side!

Maybe this would be crossing a line, but I'd be interested to see what a company like Benchmade or Kershaw or SOG would do for a DE razor.

Happy shaving and welcome to the wet side!

Thanks for the welcome!

I would particularly enjoy seeing what Spyderco would bring to the table ;) Kershaw as well.

Top Bottom