What's new

Healthy sunblock: Recommendations?

Best sunblock in the world, and its 100% natural.
Its called: Stay out of the sun.
It provides 100% protection from uva, uvb, and uvc.

Free shipping is nice too. I've tried plenty of sunscreens and always come back to Elta MD. I have oily skin and Elta MD isn't greasy and shiny like most of them.

From the look of things, I will go with Elta MD. It has most of the qualities I am looking for.

I understand that the best protection is to stay out of the sun, but sometimes that is not possible. Commuting to work for instance; I can easily spend 30 minutes to an hour in my car driving to places. Also, I go out for jogs and biking. Running and biking in the wee mornings or at night is not exactly a great time to exercise.

I would also like to thank everyone for their suggestions and inputs. I hope this thread has been helpful.

I would also like to thank everyone for their suggestions and inputs. I hope this thread has been helpful.

Hahaha, funny how it works out! I've been using this stuff for years...because you started this thread, and I got up with greenerock, I'm now waiting on an 8oz bottle of my Sport 50 for $28...that's $17 less (+tax) than I would've paid in my Derm's office and HE got a $10 spiff from Dermstore.com....

the Thank You goes to you and Badger & Blade!

Hahaha, funny how it works out! I've been using this stuff for years...because you started this thread, and I got up with greenerock, I'm now waiting on an 8oz bottle of my Sport 50 for $28...that's $17 less (+tax) than I would've paid in my Derm's office and HE got a $10 spiff from Dermstore.com....

the Thank You goes to you and Badger & Blade!
Thanks BigBull!!! You got a great deal too!!

Ordered the oil free SPF 45 from Dermstore. $23 and free, 1-3 day shipping. Great deal.

You guys should E-mail a link to this thread to Elta's customer service and get a kickback! (Only sort of joking)

BTW, it's a small bottle but it will last you all summer long. You can find it at CVS. I got mine for $20 on sale but it's normally around $28.

I don't go out in the sun. I keep a bottle of Neutrogena sunscreen around, but I give them away each year they go unused & buy a new one for the next year. Haven't needed to use it in about 5 years now.

The Elta MD is GREAT! Thank you, gentlemen, for recommending it!

It goes on without a white cast, doesn't make my face red like chemical sunscreens and doesn't make my face oily, either. I know it's fragrance free, but it does have a light scent to it, which I actually like. It smells very... relaxing... like chamomile tea, or something.

True...if you choose to live like a mushroom.

As I live on the beach in Florida and have done so most of my life, experience says that using a good sunscreen is imperative if you don't want to have future complications. I am outdoors almost always. Best product I have found is Bull Frog..big with the surfing crowd.

Another good choice is Neutrogena Ultra Sheer. Well regarded in the golfing community.

I have had execllent results with both.

Obagi Medical Nu Derm is another good choice. A bit tougher to find but is an excellent product. My Doctor recommends this one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom