What's new

Pipe PIF #3 5/6/2012

ok that's it. Winner will announced soon. 1st name gets to pick which pipe they want, 2nd place gets to pick which of the remaining they want, and 3rd gets the last pipe.

The first place winner is..... maxzoran!!! As soon as the pipe is picked I'll announce the next winner.

Alright. Second name drawn is..... narativesoul! You can pick between the first and second pipe listed.

I can't get no luck! ;)

Congrats guys! I had a feeling I'd be out of luck again. LOL

Soo.... I happened to be within about a mile of David's Briar Shop in Des Moines earlier today, spoke with the proprietor who was there today and picked me up a (hopefully) nice Crown pipe. He had about 4 suggestions for someone starting out, this was the one I liked best, plus it had a flat bottom so if I have to set it down to type something I can place it almost anywhere.

I also picked up two bags of tobacco that he recommended, (Actually he recommended just 1 bag, smoke it up to get a good feel for the pipe and tobacco, but since I'm 70 miles away, he relented when I asked for a 2nd variety.... Kind of sounds like most of the suggestions for "blade sampler" to newbies, pick one and stick to it to learn it well.) and pipe tamper/tool and some pipe cleaners... Now I just have to figure out the rest! ;)

Top Bottom