What's new

Ok guys, let's thank Mr Razor for all his...........

Thanks to Achim and all the members in this site. Information is free and everyone has been generous with their knowledge of razors. Thanks to you too Alex for keeping an eye out for misinformation and answering those random questions at obscure hours.
It's great to have Achim's site on my bookmarks for education and entertainment.
I wonder if Achim has ever considered publishing those wonderful pics as an exhaustive reference. I know that Krumolze book is out there but this would make a wonderful coffee table book for all us razor nerds :cool2:

Achim, your website really amps up the enjoyment of this hobby for enthusiasts at all levels of experience, and your participation here helps make B&B the place to be!

I'd like to let Achim know how much I appreciate his site. It is very well done and it is one of the three dozen or so web sites that I've actually bookmarked. Thanks again.

Mike

his razor site has helped us find answers to mystery razors , unanswered date codes, mismatched cases and many other hard to find shave related questions.without his site we would be 80 % lost and misguided, would you agree?..........thanks achim, we love you here at b&b!

NO!

I loathe Achim and his website. It continues to grow and raise the bar higher and higher. Once I thought I was getting close, still far behind, in my collection but then he just adds more.

As each new addition to my cabinet is identified and compared with the pics on his site, an essential part of any purchase, it is then crossed off the list as one less still to be encountered. His website has been the driving force behind my collection, it has been the goal to which I aspire, it is the Everest which I will never, ever, conquer, it is, as far as razor collecting...

the ruin of me!

The website should be banned. At the very least it should have public health warnings. I spend night after sleepless night scouring online auction sites. Holidays and weekend touring antique stores. My wife and children have nearly disowned me, I have no friends as I talk endlessly of razors (now brushes too!).

I have, quite simply become....

A DE Zombie!

Nothing else matter now but getting all the razors that Achim has, of ticking off all the contents on his site. I scour the world in vain and despair, will I never catch up.

So lets not praise the man but condemn him! How many others have had a similar fate befall them when caught in the spell of that website.

Ban the man, destroy the website, seek freedom for all DE Zombies!

[for those of you without an Australian sense of humour the post above is an Aussie style homage to an incredible and inspiring collection. It is intended to convey, laconically, my appreciation for Achim, his collection and his contribution - thanks mate!]

I've consulted his pics on many occassions. Big +1 and mucho thanks.
Mucho thanks from me too.

I keep a tab opened to Achim's site most of the time, as I use it constantly. Thank you very much, Achim!
I have it as my bookmarked fav too.

Achim has helped me in the forum here and in private emails.

He is a very knowledgeable individual and willing to share his knowledge with anyone.

THANKS Achim
very generous and I grateful too.

Achim, your world renown site and generosity has helped so many, thanks.
World class site, and world class gentleman.

Thank you Achim, I know the work that goes into setting up such a site as I am a maintainer for a special interest reference site myself and it can be very time consuming.

All the best.
I conquer, I have a site thread here http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...have-d-e-shaving-scenes?p=4099236#post4099236 about shaving scenes in movies that I update as members post them, its hard to see the movie and try to capture the scene and update Shave Wiki as needed.

Who's this Achim guy?

:wink:
The man behind the world class Mr Razor site, and our proud B&B member too.:balloon:

Thanks to Achim and all the members in this site. Information is free and everyone has been generous with their knowledge of razors. Thanks to you too Alex for keeping an eye out for misinformation and answering those random questions at obscure hours.
It's great to have Achim's site on my bookmarks for education and entertainment.
I wonder if Achim has ever considered publishing those wonderful pics as an exhaustive reference. I know that Krumolze book is out there but this would make a wonderful coffee table book for all us razor nerds :cool2:
that would be a great book, and money maker too. Phil has made a small fortune with his copies im sure.

Achim, your website really amps up the enjoyment of this hobby for enthusiasts at all levels of experience, and your participation here helps make B&B the place to be!
VEry fun and educational too!

I'd like to let Achim know how much I appreciate his site. It is very well done and it is one of the three dozen or so web sites that I've actually bookmarked. Thanks again.

Mike
my #1 bookmarked site to date......

NO!

I loathe Achim and his website. It continues to grow and raise the bar higher and higher. Once I thought I was getting close, still far behind, in my collection but then he just adds more.

As each new addition to my cabinet is identified and compared with the pics on his site, an essential part of any purchase, it is then crossed off the list as one less still to be encountered. His website has been the driving force behind my collection, it has been the goal to which I aspire, it is the Everest which I will never, ever, conquer, it is, as far as razor collecting...

the ruin of me!

The website should be banned. At the very least it should have public health warnings. I spend night after sleepless night scouring online auction sites. Holidays and weekend touring antique stores. My wife and children have nearly disowned me, I have no friends as I talk endlessly of razors (now brushes too!).

I have, quite simply become....

A DE Zombie!

Nothing else matter now but getting all the razors that Achim has, of ticking off all the contents on his site. I scour the world in vain and despair, will I never catch up.

So lets not praise the man but condemn him! How many others have had a similar fate befall them when caught in the spell of that website.

Ban the man, destroy the website, seek freedom for all DE Zombies!

[for those of you without an Australian sense of humour the post above is an Aussie style homage to an incredible and inspiring collection. It is intended to convey, laconically, my appreciation for Achim, his collection and his contribution - thanks mate!]
Your off your rockers mate:turned::wacko:

I love your Aussie humor
:shaving:
Mark can be a little eccentric, WE dO appreciate your contributions ACHIM!!!!!!!

Mr. Razor has got it all: he's extremely knowledgeable, extremely forthcoming and extremely nice about it at the same time. A rare and unbeatable combination!! Thanks, Achim. The world of shaving would absolutely be a poorer place without you.

Achim ist ein feiner Herr. Seine Arbeit ist eine Inspiration für uns alle! Danke, Mr. Razor!

(Achim is a fine gentleman. His work is an inspiration to us all! Thank you, Mr. Razor!)

A hearty THANK YOU, Achim, as your site has been invaluable to me! Undoubtedly, without your vital library of Gillette knowledge, Gillette collecting would not be nearly as easy or fun. I dare say that you are a key driving force behind the entire sub-culture of Gillette collecting!

I'll pile on with the love - Achim is surely the OG of Vintage Gillette collecting & information! His site has proved invaluable to me on more than one occasion. :thumbup:

Piling on...Achim is hugely appreciated not only for his website, but also for his frequent contributions to discussions where his encyclopedic knowledge is instantly helpful. As is his friendly spirit. You da Man!

Now if he'd just branch out into SE razors...

Uh, Mark, I got it by the first half sentence. As someone said here recently, "sarcasm...it's not just for breakfast!"
My style of humor also.

- Bill

Top Bottom