What's new

First shave....it was okay

I shaved last night for the first time with a DE89, Derby blade, and kiss my face cream. It was okay, nothing to get crazy over. I blame it on my first time.

But I do have a question. After my shower and I started to put cream on my wet face, my face dried up real fast like I was no longer wet shaving. Hopefully that explains it, just my face was not moist. I think I might have the culprit, the castile soap I sometimes use as a face wash. It can be drying but can that affect the wet shaving and cream?

I might try the shaving again today and use my wife's face wash this time for comparison.

Did you lather, or apply the cream directly? I know the first time I used cream, unknowingly I applied it straight to my face and did not lather.

I lathered In a bowl and I have used the cream before. But never have shaved when I use castile soap to wash my face.

If the cream dries on your face, it is no longer wet shaving. Always keep your face moist and the blade will glide across your face. You have a great razor, your shaves will get better. IMHO feathers work best in the DE89

Yeah that's why I didn't understand why it dried out. It's never dried out like that before. I lathered with a X2L brush.

Could have been a fluke. Definitely want the lather wet, so you might try a couple practice lathers to make sure you got the water ratio down.

Okay I'll be working on it. The lather looked great in my opinion. But I'm new to this so what do I know.

KMF is definitely a great cream to start with as it lathers easily. Try it with a different face wash maybe? Or add a bit more water to your lather. A couple years later, and I am still "practicing" lathering some days :thumbup1:

I tried it with a different face wash and definitely a lot better. I didn't think a face wash could do that.

Top Bottom