What's new

Can this be saved?

Great reply as always Porter, but weren't all the military sets in nickel or silver, not gold?

Jay's doesn't look gold to me. The photos just look a little dark. Here's a version that I've brightened up a bit:

$attachment-5.jpg

It's definitely not gold. The picture was taken earlier in the morning with natural light most likely bouncing off of the headboard which would make the hue appear differently in the photo.
When I get back home I will take a picture of where the stamping should be from what I've read. I will also look through my Internet history and try to find where I read that they were all stamped.
I appreciate all the help so far guys! Sure is nice to have a plethora of information coming in!

Ok, I thought I read this somewhere else, might not be all that credible since it is just a post on this site though I guess I took it to be definitive because it came from mr-razor. It is the last post on this thread:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-99808.html

Hm. Any thoughts to why mine has a j serial number but no stamp?

What Achim was talking about there was that there were Khaki Sets that were sold to the Army directly (the "PROPERTY U.S. ARMY" ones) as well as ones that were sold through retail channels (the "MADE IN U.S.A." ones). As far as we know now, you're right that they should all be stamped and yours should be one of the former. The best I've got is what I mentioned earlier:

It is rather odd that you say the bottom of your guard plate doesn't have the "PROPERTY U.S. ARMY" inscription, as I don't think I've ever seen a J-series razor that didn't have one. But it's possible that they just missed it -- either through an error or in rushing to keep up with production. I've seen some stamps that were extremely faint, though. How sure are you that there's nothing there?

I've seen strike errors before -- double logo imprints and the like -- so we know the process wasn't "perfect."

Top Bottom