What's new

Lamy Joy VS Safari

What's the difference between the Joy and the Safari? I'm thinking of picking one of them up, and the Joy is $5 cheaper since it includes the converter, but it looks a bit off. I just can't put my finger on it, though.

The Joy is a calligraphy pen. It's length is extended so that it looks more quill-like and it has a different nib. It uses the same cap as the Safari.

If you get the Joy with the 1.1 nib, you may like it for everyday writing. I like the 1.1 nib! But the way the Joy is shaped, it looks longer then a Safari, but I didn't look up the sizes. If you get a Safari from isellpens.com they are about 27 bucks, and he gives you a converter for free. Todd is top notch also!

The last time I checked, you can actually get a Lamy Safari with shipping from The Writing Desk in the UK cheaper than from any American seller. I think it's more than exchange rate issues -- my working theory is that the UK distributor is trying to maximize volume while the US distributor may be trying to maximize profit margin.

ETA: They also have the Apple Green pens available now if you're the impatient type like me.

They have a different shaped body. The Joy comes standard with an italic nib. The Safari comes standard with a regular nib. The nibs are all interchangeable and can be purchased separately.

I also highly recommend isellpen as the previous poster mentioned.

Top Bottom