What's new

Soy un perdedor (Lover Of Single Edge Razors)

Used the new formula proraso red again tonight. I think that I just don't like it. I'm going to finish the tube, but I won't be buying it again.

Do you like the orginal menthol? I think I was hoping for more of a Sandalwood cologne smell in the red but it is not bad. I have really been loving the KMF unscented as it builds a nice thick lather, and cost per shave is great.

Do you like the orginal menthol? I think I was hoping for more of a Sandalwood cologne smell in the red but it is not bad. I have really been loving the KMF unscented as it builds a nice thick lather, and cost per shave is great.

I love the regular proraso menthol. It's my most frequently used product. As far as the red, I was really hoping for more of a sandalwood scent too. I can't complain about the performance, but the scent just doesn't do it for me. I haven't tried any KMF products yet.

Sandalwood is one of my favorite base notes in both men's and ladies colognes, so I think my expectations where a little high with the red. It definitely has an undertone of true sandalwood, just not that perfume smell I like.

I would have never tried KMF if it was not for Turtle posting about it's performance. At $7.99 for a 325ml bottle it is a steal. Hopefully in the morning I can take a picture for SOTD after I build up a full lather, egg white peaks with one squirt and a brush loaded with VDH.

I think my face has recovered enough to use the Cobra Classic tomorrow, as I have only been doing double pass shaves in the morning and a single pass with a Tech at night.

You are stripping me of my name :bored: Gheesh I post on here too

I will share one more time before I throw myself down the well :angry:

I wanted to actually get these and clean them up before posting them $il_570xN.303441217.jpg$Jem Junior.jpg$Jem Junior 2.jpg

THE BEST sandalwood scent bar none IMO is the AoS Sandalwood....it is incredible ....and great lather to boot

I wanted to actually get these and clean them up before posting them View attachment 245721View attachment 245722View attachment 245723
Not bad finds for a Verräter.

I'm sure he will give you your LOSER title back.....those are SE's you just posted afterall......

I just don't bestow the title of LOSER lightly. To be a true LOSER, one must actually participate in the SE forum, not just pop in every few days.

She will need to EARN the tilte of LOSER!

I am not a traitor! Since you -are inheriting my collection and you are so picky I do not want to have duplicates of razors you already have. You just do not like me because i am a GIRL! Besides I was a loser long before you took my title and crown :lol:

I am not a traitor! Since you -are inheriting my collection and you are so picky I do not want to have duplicates of razors you already have. You just do not like me because i am a GIRL! Besides I was a loser long before you took my title and crown :lol:

Well if you swear sole allegiance to the Führer der einzelnen Kante Rasierer I may bestow the title back...Plus 50 hail Arley's.

April...we know you love razors of all types...Open Combs...SE's.....the Führer der einzelnen Kante Rasierer (Arley) simply wants no other razor love before his SE's....

See us BOTOC guys are more mellow...we don't care if you love SE's....just give the OC some love....

Can't we all just get along?

Last edited by a moderator:
Duh You already know I do.. But hail Arley? 50x's I can not finish my collection and post my deals on your other thread? --you are the co-founder after all...
HMMM I just may have to start my own thread I think I will call it "but of course the Juden got all of the best deals " I may just have to keep all my razors and Baklava! I will jump into the well and take them with me BOHAHAHAHA :tongue_sm

Well if you swear sole allegiance to the Führer der einzelnen Kante Rasierer I may bestow the title back...Plus 50 hail Arley's.

3rd shave using my gold Valet autostrop loaded with spineless, SE, Feather. Another nice smooth shave, nearly one pass BBS-- I kind of like the clean precision feel and angle when trimming side burns- really attractive razor too- posted picture earlier in this thread- I will go exclusively with this for as long as sensible to get a good read on it. Blades were so pricey, I figure one has got to do me at least 10 shaves or I will be disappointed-- we shall see. I will not have time to revive strop for a month or so if I choose to go that route. Unlike the SEs with spines that take on new life with my window glazing tools, I will be throwing used blades away after a respectable number of shaves. (I am not sure that stropping these guys will do much anyway- we shall see.)
I would toss them too.

Used the new formula proraso red again tonight. I think that I just don't like it. I'm going to finish the tube, but I won't be buying it again.
wats up with it?

I wanted to actually get these and clean them up before posting them View attachment 245721View attachment 245722View attachment 245723
Nice Gem Juniors april.

THE BEST sandalwood scent bar none IMO is the AoS Sandalwood....it is incredible ....and great lather to boot
I mix my TOBS sandalwood w proraso=win!

Duh You already know I do.. But hail Arley? 50x's I can not finish my collection and post my deals on your other thread? --you are the co-founder after all...
HMMM I just may have to start my own thread I think I will call it "but of course the Juden got all of the best deals " I may just have to keep all my razors and Baklava! I will jump into the well and take them with me BOHAHAHAHA :tongue_sm
April, I will try to use my Co-Chairs powers to get u back in:tongue_sm....just try post atleast 2 a day, is that good?

"Nice Gem Juniors april"
+1
I don't know if it's just the angle of your pictures or that there is a subtle difference in the handles, but, surprisingly I just do not have a GEM junior in my collection because of some sage voices not overly impressed with the performance of those beefy plastic handles---but now, suddenly, at 2:38 am, I NEED one!!!!!

'aven't followed this thread in a few days so thought I'd check in and saw this pic

proxy.php

& thought, this looks familiar....

proxy.php
Korean Feather DX knock off came my way a few days ago...I've shaved with it twice:shuriken: All I can say is, man those Feather blades are some sharp kit

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.

"Nice Gem Juniors april"
+1
I don't know if it's just the angle of your pictures or that there is a subtle difference in the handles, but, surprisingly I just do not have a GEM junior in my collection because of some sage voices not overly impressed with the performance of those beefy plastic handles---but now, suddenly, at 2:38 am, I NEED one!!!!!

The fat-handled Gem Junior was my first DE razor, and it's surprisingly comfortable in your hand. As a caution, you might want to wear ear protection when shaving with one...that hollow plastic handle acts like a megaphone and the sound of a SE blade mowing down the whiskers may cause hearing damage! :001_tongu

wats up with it?

Not "sandalwood-y" enough for me.

So, SWMBO has announced that she needs to reclaim some space in our lilliputiun bathroom. (in her defense she has half a shelf, the whole rest is occupied by my AS and razors)

so, tonight when I get home most of my razors are getting boxed up and put in to the closet. :(

the only ones that are staying out are the SE's (2 OCMM, 1 Damaskeene, and 1 1912) and my Merkur 11C (must keep a little OC love!)

I will miss my full collection; but I know that it is only temporary, as we are currently saving for a house... so hopefully within the year I will have my own bathroom!

The upside is that she probably wont notice me slip in a few more razors now!! I'm still searching for a Streamline, and I kind of would like to grab a LC New as well...

Compromising stinks sometimes!

'aven't followed this thread in a few days so thought I'd check in and saw this pic

proxy.php

& thought, this looks familiar....

proxy.php
Korean Feather DX knock off came my way a few days ago...I've shaved with it twice:shuriken: All I can say is, man those Feather blades are some sharp kit

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.

I love those Feather blades, very nice and sharp. Would love to find one of those knock offs, if you recall the store you purchased that from, please shoot me a PM.

The fat-handled Gem Junior was my first DE razor, and it's surprisingly comfortable in your hand. As a caution, you might want to wear ear protection when shaving with one...that hollow plastic handle acts like a megaphone and the sound of a SE blade mowing down the whiskers may cause hearing damage! :001_tongu

That is what I love about the Gem Junior, is how LOUD that it is. I thought the 1912 gave a lot of feedback until I shaved with one...and you are right, I am pretty sure that it caused some permanent hearing loss.:tongue_sm

Not "sandalwood-y" enough for me.

So, SWMBO has announced that she needs to reclaim some space in our lilliputiun bathroom. (in her defense she has half a shelf, the whole rest is occupied by my AS and razors)

so, tonight when I get home most of my razors are getting boxed up and put in to the closet. :(

the only ones that are staying out are the SE's (2 OCMM, 1 Damaskeene, and 1 1912) and my Merkur 11C (must keep a little OC love!)

I will miss my full collection; but I know that it is only temporary, as we are currently saving for a house... so hopefully within the year I will have my own bathroom!

The upside is that she probably wont notice me slip in a few more razors now!! I'm still searching for a Streamline, and I kind of would like to grab a LC New as well...

Compromising stinks sometimes!

Yeah it does, but if you want to keep the lady happy you have to meet some place in the middle at times. Do you have space to add a shelf unit or just a over the toilet rack in the micro-bathroom? At least that way you could keep more than a few displayed.

I have found for myself that although I buy between 6 to 8 razors per month, I end up keeping very few, I try to keep only what will fit in my stands out on display, then I have a cool wooden box from Croatia that I keep another 5 or 6 in, the rest I PIF or will do a group sell off. I do not think Ken minds my RAD, as on the last count I have sent him 8 razors.

Ok.....quick break from SE razors!

Inside joke to my brother....this could have been worse.!!

'

Last edited by a moderator:
The handles are different :) I will post some more pictures after they arrive and I clean them up a bit !

Ohh Hail Arley 1 down 49 more to go

"Nice Gem Juniors april"
+1

Last edited:
HMMM I will keep that in mind next time I shave my face and sideburns :lol:

Top Bottom