What's new

Schick Krona anyone?

I just had one of the gentlest shaves that I can remember and it came from one of my old Schick Kronas. I had tried it last year with some sorry blades (house brand) that I had bought at Walgreens for a whopping $8/10 and it, or perhaps I should lay the blame where it belongs on the blade, nearly butchered my face and that's the only time I can remember that ever happening. At any rate, I put a Feather in the Krona this evening not expecting too much out of it and it just seemed to sing. A very smooth and close respectable shave indeed.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
My first DE, bought it at a Rexall Drug store in 1969.

I still have one and it shaves a lot like a Super Speed for me.

proxy.php

Schick Krona, the usung hero. I've said it before I'll say it again, if Kronas had a metal handle they'd be as popular or more than a Super Speed.
Very smooth and effective. I love the low profile of the head and it works well with most blades.

I have my grandfather's pre-Krona. A DFS every time. I like that razor so much that I bought another on the 'Bay to give to my son as his first DE.

It was my first razor back in the 1970'ies, and is in my regular rotation. A very nice and, unfortunately, overlooked razor.

I have the one with metalknob. At this moment a co-worker use my razor. A mild "superspeedish" razor.

The one I'm using has a metal knob as well but I know I have several of these with the black knob around here somewhere. I'll see if I can't dig them up.

Thanks Fellows...
I have a Krona that I hav not tried yet...maybe two months now...
We will take care of that this week ...I see it garners strong support

Without a doubt, it's one of the easiest razors for learners, and possibly the most effective mild shaver in my collection. I haven't reached for it in quite some time now, but this thread will prompt me to dust it off for another round.

proxy.php

Top Bottom