What's new

Antique Shaving Gear Photos

I'm just getting started with my RAD but I have little knowledge of what is valuable or not. I snapped some photos of what looked interesting at the local antique stores. I realize most of this stuff is common or of little value, but wanted to see if any of you experts could spot anything interesting. If so, I'd be happy to tell you what I remember about it and what it cost (if I remember).

$20120504-IMG_0258.jpg$20120504-IMG_0260.jpg$20120504-IMG_0261.jpg$20120504-IMG_0262.jpg$20120504-IMG_0263.jpg

What is that by the Knack someone? Is it a 1912? I think it is, but can't be sure. And that Silver & Gold injector looks sweet doesn't it?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Unusual handle Schicks are generally worth what they go for in the Antique shops. The all metal handled Schick is one I've seen before. Looks like 4 bucks? Well worth it.
30 bucks for a cased 40's Superspeed is pretty good. (Second look - the case looks broken, so maybe not)
I also think the price is right on the blue Lady Gillette

Last edited:
Pick up one or two of the shaving mugs, everyone needs one for their favorite soap. Way cooler than the containers soap makers supply with their goods.

Thanks for the feedback. I quickly snapped these as I was on my lunch hour. I should have took the time to flip the price tags over. I picked up a New short comb at this store earlier for $18. It was supposed to come with blades and a case for that price but they weren't to be found. I bought it anyway and like it more than my EJ DE89L.

Unusual handle Schicks are generally worth what they go for in the Antique shops. The all metal handled Schick is one I've seen before. Looks like 4 bucks? Well worth it.
30 bucks for a cased 40's Superspeed is pretty good. (Second look - the case looks broken, so maybe not)
I also think the price is right on the blue Lady Gillette
I agree too Phil, should go less if bundled w other razors.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'd also be all over that Lucite Handle brush to the left of the Davy Crockett book in the 4th and 5th picture.

A couple more I passed on, and one I bought. What should I have paid for the Ever-ready as shown? What is that tubular piece of metal for? I'm also kind of confused by the blade cases as they don't fit together.

$20120505-IMG_0277.jpg$20120505-IMG_0281.jpg$20120505-IMG_4999.jpg

Top Bottom