What's new

My New Shave Den

Hi all,

I'm very new to DE shaving, in fact I had only converted about 5-6 weeks ago, I really enjoy it, as well as the friendly people among this forum. About 6 weeks ago in regards to shaving all I had was a Gillete proglide and a can of shaving gel.

I finally got around to mounting my new cabinet/den to my bathroom wall, and I have attached a couple of images of my 6 week purchases. Sorry about the images, they were taken from my Ipad.

Not as fancy as some of yours, but still my pride and joy and not soo bad after just a short time I thought. $photo.JPG$photo1.JPG

Last edited:
Nice cabinet you have there and well stocked too I might add.

How do you like your Merkur Progress?

Been getting into mine lately.

Very nice, but get that brush and razor stand out on your sink so every time you go to the bathroom you can stare at it!!!:a14:

So where do you keep the rest of your shaving stuff? :shifty:

Just kidding, that's a nice organized den... unlike mine which has gotten away from me, and now contains enough prducts to shave the better part of my entire city.

Looks good. I have found I can keep my "hobby" to a healthy obsession by allowing myself only the space of a cabinet like yours, albeit, mine has a bit more volume.

Looks good. I have found I can keep my "hobby" to a healthy obsession by allowing myself only the space of a cabinet like yours, albeit, mine has a bit more volume.

That was my thoughts when I started, that I would only get enough stuff that would fit on the shelves in my den. Then I found a basket that fit on the shelf, then I found a bigger shelf......then another shelf.....you see where this is going :biggrin:

Very nice cabinet though. How deep is it? As in how far does it stick out from the wall?

Nice cabinet you have there and well stocked too I might add.

How do you like your Merkur Progress?

Been getting into mine lately.

The progress is the newest addition to my arsenal, so have only had one shave with it so far. Using it at 2.5 to start with (as recommended by folks here) and is practically on par with the 38C maybe a wee less aggressive

That was my thinking too, however if I need to sacrifice some fragrances for space so be it haha.

That was my thoughts when I started, that I would only get enough stuff that would fit on the shelves in my den. Then I found a basket that fit on the shelf, then I found a bigger shelf......then another shelf.....you see where this is going :biggrin:

Very nice cabinet though. How deep is it? As in how far does it stick out from the wall?

Its not very deep (purposely wanted it that way for access and tidiness) about 150mm (I'm from nz we use metric) lol

Very nice, you still have room on top of the cabinet and you can have hooks on the sides and below to hang razors, brushes, mugs...

Top Bottom