What's new

Best Injector blade

The chinese schicks work really well for me. I also got some of the made in holland platinum 5 blade packs a while back. I have the Personna 74's, and they are my least favorite blade.

The problem with the plastic dispenser isn't that it doesn't fit, it's that after a few blades have been ejected the mechanism doesn't catch enough to physically push the blade into the razor.

+1. I'm glad. I thought it was just me.

I just recently bought some of those hair dresser Personna's and loaded them into a metal Schick injector. Works pretty well.

Or these :)

:badger:
proxy.php

...I just recently bought some of those hair dresser Personna's and loaded them into a metal Schick injector. Works pretty well.
I like these, they seem smoother than the Chinese Schick and last me ~14 comfortable shaves. My Favorite NOS are the Schick Plus Platinum, I had 33 comfortable two-pass + touch-up shaves, whisker growth varied from 24 hours up to 80, and the performance was very consistent.

This is great info as I'm getting one or two Schicks and was wondering about blade choice and availability. But whoa, those NOS blades are Merkur-priced! The B&B brothers and sisters are fantastic and most appear to be in it for the love of shaving and comraderie(?), not to make a buck. Thanks again.

The supply of NOS Schick Plus Platinums on eBay have dried up over the last year. You used to be able to buy bulk, though it cost an arm and leg; now they come in dribs and drabs. I like these a bit better than the 74's, but the latter last much longer. The Chicks are definitely less smooth than either, but still better than the Pellas or any other versions, at least in my experience.

The supply of NOS Schick Plus Platinums on eBay have dried up over the last year. You used to be able to buy bulk, though it cost an arm and leg; now they come in dribs and drabs. I like these a bit better than the 74's, but the latter last much longer. The Chicks are definitely less smooth than either, but still better than the Pellas or any other versions, at least in my experience.

Agreed. The Yellow Schicks are a good blade. Easy to get BBS with and a great travel razor. I've never tried the PLats. Love to one day. I've tried the Nos Gold Hydro-magics and those were good, not great but solid blades. Took a bit more work to get BBS but I liked them. Have to find plats.

Top Bottom