What's new

Fresh, Sweet and Woodsy Soap Suggestions

So while I enjoy the occasional spicy and masculine soaps from time to time, I found myself and more importantly the wife, enjoy fresh, sweet and woody type scents.

Which soaps would you fine gentleman recommend that would suit this preference? I would love a soap that can offer all 3 attributes im looking for or any combination of the 3. Im really not interested in anything too linear and one dimensional or anything mentholated, medicinal or overly smokey.

-AOS sandalwood is pretty awesome
-Try a QCS sampler. Matthew makes lotsa woodsy EO type scents and is a great soap as well-Basilica, Celestial Woods, Provence and maybe Esquire come to mind
-Proraso Red Sandalwood-kinda has a peanut butter smell though
-DRH Marlborough-I just got the A.S., if the soap smells the same that might fulfill your description

I want to add another favorite I forgot to mention-Pré de Provence too-smells sweet and fresh but sagey as well. Great latherer with Shea Butter. Also generous sized puck in it's own tin very hard soap will probably last forever.

Ditto on Mikes Barbershop as well-I don't get woody though, just sweet and fresh. My favorite of Mike's soaps.

Last edited:
C&E Sienna or Gentlemans Refinery The Standard would be my 2cents on the matter
oops GR is cream only

Last edited:
+1 on the QCS sampler idea. Lots of woodsy scents - Celestial Woods, Basilica, Vetiver, Provence, and his Mysore Sandalwood. I'm also a fan of his Hamami; more fresh and sweet than woodsy, though.

Another scent that I think meets your criteria is Spencer & Devon Sagebrush. It has become my favorite in both performance and scent.

Fresh and sweet can be satisfied by choosing either Provence Sante Green Tea or RazoRock Boston Tea Party.

There's no "woody" at all in either, but they are both fresh and sweet. The PSGT is one of the best scents in shaving (IMO), but the RazoRock (for me) makes a slightly better lather. Either one is pretty darn good.

I recommend QCS Provence, to my nose it has an undertone of woodsy, with a light citrus scent on top. I find I like it a little better than Cade, which gives me a great woodsy scent. The other plus over Cade is that QCS leaves my face feeling buttery smooth. I sometimes don't use any aftershave, today for example I used Provence with just a cold water splash to wash the soap off.

I want to say Ogallala Bay Rum & Cedarwood as it qualifies the sweet & woodsy notes. However, I didn't get the best lather with them so take my recommendation with a grain of salt.

L'Occittane Cade if you want more wood, Mike's Natural Soaps Orange, Cedarwood and Pepper if you want more fresh, sweet orange

Mystic Water Sandalwood Rose is a great one.

And one of my favorite smells (on the edge of being too sweet, though) is Mama Bear's Sandalwood Vanilla.

QCS Celestial Woods
Mike's Peppermint and Rosemary (odd suggestion I know, but it is clean, fresh, and woody from the rosemary)
Mystic Water Cedar & Sage is a "dark" scent IMO but might be what you are looking for. Very woody.
Mike's Pine & Cedar

Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg is one of my favorite soaps, subtly sweet. My wife always snuggles a bit closer when I use it.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
So while I enjoy the occasional spicy and masculine soaps from time to time, I found myself and more importantly the wife, enjoy fresh, sweet and woody type scents.

Which soaps would you fine gentleman recommend that would suit this preference? I would love a soap that can offer all 3 attributes im looking for or any combination of the 3. Im really not interested in anything too linear and one dimensional or anything mentholated, medicinal or overly smokey.

Woody's 3 in 1 All Purpose Bar soap. The package says you can wash your hair, body and shave with it. It has the Fresh, sweet and woodsey scent you describe.

Top Bottom