Thread: New Nib!

Images

Default New Nib!

The 1.1 italic cursive nib finally is in stock at the Goulet Pen Company so I'm going to give it a try. I love the 1.5 but it is a bit wide for everyday use, for me, and so I'm hoping the 1.1 will give me the same look but not quite so much of it.

And one other thing...the Ink Drop from the Goulets doesn't stink!
    Bob

Hydro-magic Injector, assorted straights
    Commodore X3 2-band, Vintage AS2M, Thater 4125/1, 2010 B&B Custom Boar, #33 B&B Limited Edition RV, Wee Scott
    Pilot Vanishing Point, Waterman Expert II, Esterbrook J in Orange, Sheaffer's Admiral Snorkel, TWSBI ROC 100

Images

You can write reasonably small with the 1.1; I think you'll be pleased.
    -Josh

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bbarton713 View Post
    The 1.1 italic cursive nib finally is in stock at the Goulet Pen Company so I'm going to give it a try. I love the 1.5 but it is a bit wide for everyday use, for me, and so I'm hoping the 1.1 will give me the same look but not quite so much of it.

And one other thing...the Ink Drop from the Goulets doesn't stink!
    I have the 1.5 on my Al-Star. My Studio came with a medium, but I think I am going to order two 1.1 italics to swap both of the Lamys. Like you say, 1.5 can be a bit too big sometimes, but I like what the italic nib does for my handwriting.

Images

I really like the 1.1 for everyday writing, never thought it was too big. If you don't like it, I'm sure you could turn it over quickly.

I got the ink drop today too, my very first one. Now, what do I do, ink up 5 pens I like the range of colors! I will just ink one or two up, and change them as they run out.
    Dave

Dave258(at)BadgerandBlade.com

Support B&B

Need help or have a question? PM a Mod!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by oc_in_fw View Post
    I have the 1.5 on my Al-Star. My Studio came with a medium, but I think I am going to order two 1.1 italics to swap both of the Lamys. Like you say, 1.5 can be a bit too big sometimes, but I like what the italic nib does for my handwriting.
    My writing looks much better too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave258 View Post
    I really like the 1.1 for everyday writing, never thought it was too big. If you don't like it, I'm sure you could turn it over quickly.
    I got the ink drop today too, my very first one. Now, what do I do, ink up 5 pens I like the range of colors! I will just ink one or two up, and change them as they run out.
    I'm going to have fun with this drop!
    Bob

Commodore X3 2-band, Vintage AS2M, Thater 4125/1, 2010 B&B Custom Boar, #33 B&B Limited Edition RV, Wee Scott
    Pilot Vanishing Point, Waterman Expert II, Esterbrook J in Orange, Sheaffer's Admiral Snorkel, TWSBI ROC 100

Images

Quote Originally Posted by JPDyson View Post
    You can write reasonably small with the 1.1; I think you'll be pleased.
    Come on mail!
    Bob

I just received a Pelican 800 with IB nib, filled it with some Diamine Merlot and took it to work yesterday.

I wrote out a few prescriptions with it and some of our techs were amazed at how it wrote.
    Regards,

Jeff

I use a 1.1 everyday, can write small or large, always looks good. Great choice!
    Jason

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
    I use a 1.1 everyday, can write small or large, always looks good. Great choice!
    It shipped today so I should have it by Monday!
    Bob