What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - May 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture comfort zone, yes.

Shave comfort zone, no. Either my face was over sensitive today or the razor needs way more than just the touch up I gave it yesterday. Either way the shave actually felt terrible :lol:

10th May is becoming a shave disaster day...Balaji, myself, and now you! Bring on the 11th.

I'm guessing you're back, Bill? Hope all went well in Hawaii. Never tried the C&E soaps.....a worthwhile purchase would you say? Lovely pic.:thumbup1: Is the colour an indication of the tan you now have?:lol:

David, I am back, indeed. Everything went swimmingly (except me, I got zero free time while I was on the island). I cannot say this is an indication of a tan at all. The C&E soaps never impressed me much when I bowl lathered them. This morning, I left water on the puck while I soaked the brush. I then added two drops of glycerin to the top of the puck and hit it with a very wet Chubby 2 (2-Band) and got an explosion when I face lathered. It gave a very nice shave! I will say that the scent of the Nomad is a great one, IMHO. It's a very woody sandalwood blend.

I'm anxious to hear how your Manchurian Chubby 1 turns out. I've been struggling against the temptation to pick up one myself!

strop

Now half as wise
Is that an English soap you have there, Mark? The name suggests so, but I've never heard of it.

David,
The Notting Hill is (was) one of the Portman Square house brand soap that was available at Bullgoose Shaving. I say was, because when I just checked the website, what he has left is on clearance sale. It is a strearate/taloow soap that I find very good. I suspect, but don't know for sure, that it was made by QCS, since it appears very similar to the Vostak that I have.

David, I am back, indeed. Everything went swimmingly (except me, I got zero free time while I was on the island). I cannot say this is an indication of a tan at all. The C&E soaps never impressed me much when I bowl lathered them. This morning, I left water on the puck while I soaked the brush. I then added two drops of glycerin to the top of the puck and hit it with a very wet Chubby 2 (2-Band) and got an explosion when I face lathered. It gave a very nice shave! I will say that the scent of the Nomad is a great one, IMHO. It's a very woody sandalwood blend.

I'm anxious to hear how your Manchurian Chubby 1 turns out. I've been struggling against the temptation to pick up one myself!

Bill, I believe you are finding out the wonders of face lathering now! The Chubby should be a few days but I am very eager to see what this hair is all about. I spoke to Mark at Simpson on Tuesday and he said it looked like a 2-Band, had a lot of backbone , and a softness between the Best and the Super 3-Band.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
proxy.php

Nanny's French Lavander // Wacker // Simpson Classic 2 // Nanny's French Lavander Post Shave Hydration

Semplicemente meraviglioso, Luis! By the way, what camera are you using for your SOTD shots, my friend?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Friday

Music
Ella Fitzgerald

Hardware
Proshave Scuttle
Vie-Long White Badger
Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (56)

Software
Nivea for Men Shaving Cream
Myrsol Agua De Limón
T&H Freshman Cologne

Have a nice day, Gentlemen
proxy.php

proxy.php

A wonderful pic as always, Soren! Is the Myrsol Agua de Limon alcohol based? And is the scent of true lemons?

Gillette Super Speed 40s + Astra Superior Platinum + Mike's Natural Soaps Barber Shop = SLICK!

proxy.php

I'm going to be dreaming about Mike's soaps before long, I think. They are cropping up all over the place. A really fine close-up of a great shave-and the original Proraso rather than the reformulated one is definitely the better IMO.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Its Friday!
~05/10/2012~

Semogue Owners Club 2Band \\ Merkur 1904 w/ Red IP (UK) \\ Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba \\ ATF Mitchell's Wool Fat \\ Al Raz ASB Custom "El Tangerino"

Today's was in no comparison to yesterday's! Really smooth and easy BBS shave with MWF. That stuff is made with Magic and will always be my top SS. Love the stuff b/c it needs to be lathered in the proper manner. Once achieved, it will be the best shave lather that is like a meringue guaranteed with protection, slick and glide. Totally made up from yesterday. Have an excellent day Gents!

P.S. - I won't be able to post for next weeks SOTD thread b/c I'll be on Vacay next week. Been needing a break for quite some time.

proxy.php

Just lovely, Balaji!

proxy.php

Merkur Futur w/ Barber Personna
Kent BK4
Taylor of Old Bond Street herbal pre-shave gel
Tabac soap stick
Tabac splash

not pictured:
Pacific Shaving scrub & wash
Shave Well shower mirror

A performance guaranteed shave with this arrangement.:thumbup1: And I find the BK4 works brilliantly with the sticks.

10 MAY 2012

*Muhle R41 2011
*Polisilvers
*Semogue SOC
*Mike's Natural Soaps Lavandin
*OSMA alum
*Thayers
*Unrefined Shea Butter
*Tibetan Chants to soothe and tame the R41

*Just wanted to thank some of you fine gentlemen for the beautifully taken pictures here on the SOTD! Keep up the great work! Gorgeous photos!

Thanks, celestino, and yours definitely falls in to the superlative category without a doubt.:thumbup1:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Maxterpiece: 6/8 Vintage Sheffield KROPP, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point, Abalone Scales
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
GB Kent BK4 Silvertip
Speick Stick
Cold Water Rinse
4711 Aftershave(Thanks, Till)
D.R. Harris Arlington Cologne

proxy.php

You cannot get any closer than this! Excellent, David!

5/11/2012

Pre : Cetaphil Cleanser + Home Made Lavender Preoil
Bowl : Robert Becker Scuttle
Brush : Omega #48 Boar
Safety : Rotbart Mond Extra Nº15.5
Blade : Rapira Super Stainless #1
Soap : Arbat Russian Shaving Cream

proxy.php

Superb colour coordination here. :thumbup1:How do you find the 48 professional? I find the loft just that little bit too much for my liking, although I have never had anything less than excellent performance from mine.

Its Friday!
~05/10/2012~

Semogue Owners Club 2Band \\ Merkur 1904 w/ Red IP (UK) \\ Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba \\ ATF Mitchell's Wool Fat \\ Al Raz ASB Custom "El Tangerino"

Today's was in no comparison to yesterday's! Really smooth and easy BBS shave with MWF. That stuff is made with Magic and will always be my top SS. Love the stuff b/c it needs to be lathered in the proper manner. Once achieved, it will be the best shave lather that is like a meringue guaranteed with protection, slick and glide. Totally made up from yesterday. Have an excellent day Gents!

P.S. - I won't be able to post for next weeks SOTD thread b/c I'll be on Vacay next week. Been needing a break for quite some time.

proxy.php

Balaji, if there's one soap to do a shave any justice, then MWF fits the bill very nicely. So glad you had a return to normality today. Great shot. I am going to miss your posts next week but thoroughly enjoy your holiday.:001_smile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom