What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - May 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Let's open the SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria of May 2012 with these stunning shots of our B&B SOTD fans! Thank you so much, Gentlemen! :thumbup1:

Wednesday

Ikea bowl
#5 Silvertip
Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (47)

Ingram Shaving Cream
Scottish Fine Soaps Classic After Shave Balm
Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien EDT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

~05/02/2012~

Semogue Owners Club 2Band | EJ BChrome w/ Red IP | Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba | SMN: Creme Da Barba | La Toja Manantiales After Shave Balsamo

Of all the shaving brushes I own, the SOC 2Band just creates a lather creamier and denser than any other brush. Not that's a problem b/c I still love my other SB's. I guess there will always be that one shaving brush which performs best in all scenarios and other logistics. I guess mine is the SOC 2Band! Have a great day everyone!

P.S. - What's your best All Rounded Shaving Brush?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nancy Boy Signature // Thäter // Wacker // Thayers // Floïd Vigoroso

This morning:

- Veleiro Pre-Shave Soap
- 66-60 Hautnähröl
- Dr. Selby Crema de Afeitar de Lujo
- Semogue Limited Edition 2010
- Mühle Stylo R 74 SR Butterscotch with Voshkod (1)
- Caldey Island Lavender After Shave Lotion
- The Handmade Soap Company After Shave Soothing Cream

proxy.php

Wednesday, 2.V.2012

Predopobarba Vitos
Semogue 1800
Mühle Sandalwood
Mühle R101 (2010)
Timor Solingen
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Weleda baume Après Rasage

proxy.php

Avant
Warm Water

Rasage
Sir Irish Moos grated
Gillette President
Personna Red blades
Rooney Beehive

Apres
Cold Water
Nivea Sensitive Balm

I am participating in THIS so my SOTD will be fairly repetitive for a while
Enjoy your shaves everyone :thumbsup

Artisan soaps this week.

Omega #40033 | Queen Charlotte Soaps Green Irish Tweed Type | Edwin Jagger DE89 Barley | Personna Red | Thayer's W.H. | Razorock King Louis Aftershave Wax

proxy.php

13/16 Aiku, Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
Shavemac 177, 23mm Silvertip
Geo. F. Trumper's Rose Soap
Cold Water Rinse
Paco Rabanne XS Aftershave
Le Labo Rose 31 EdP

proxy.php

Merkur Futur
with PermaSharp (1)
Simpsons Duke 3 Silvertip
Mama Bear`s Dragon`s Blood SS
Tüff unscented Herbal AS
Farina gegenüber EdC

Have a nice day! :smile:

proxy.php

Good morning friends!

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 30mm Simpson CHUBBY 2 Best Badger
SOAP/CREAM: Castle Forbes Shaving Cream Levender Essential Oil
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 6/8" Revisor, shoulderless, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Castle Forbes After shave Balm
COLOGNE: Eau de Cologne LAVANDA Ach. Brito
RESULT: Smooth shave

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Toyo Special | Thäter | Marrakesh | Rancé Le Vainqueur
proxy.php

I refuse to give up on this soap! So today I used a very wet brush loaded heavily and went straight to the face (a la the Italian Master Barber/Marco technique). The lather whipped up thick and luxurious. When I started the first pass, lather was up to 1/2 inch thick in places and the scent was absolutely intoxicating. By the time my first pass was finished, the lather had thinned considerably, but was still efficacious. I had a DFS after a single pass - this soap really leads to a great shave. After some touch ups and a light XTG pass, I was near BBS and ready to finish getting dressed. The Le Vainqueur is a new addition. It's a complex somewhat funky scent that was allegedly made for Napoleon. The notes are listed as: nutmeg, ginger, melon, citruses and watermelon; middle notes are lavender, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and geranium; base notes are leather, orris, amber and musk. I'm waiting for the dry down, but so far it's wearing close to the skin and definitely shows some animalic tendencies. An interesting new addition!

3rd of May

proxy.php

Today, a gentleman shave!

proxy.php

Pre Art of Shaving Unscented Oil + T&H Grafton shaving cream + Simpson Duke3 Best + Feather Portable open Muhle with Gillette Platinum #2 + Thayers Lavender "alum" + T&H Grafton balm

A really good shave! It's incredible how change a razor head when you use it in another handle... in this Feather Portable it works really well, but in a Fat Tech was terrible...

Cheers!

Avant
Warm Water

Rasage
Sir Irish Moos grated
Gillette President
Personna Red blades
Rooney Beehive

Apres
Cold Water
Nivea Sensitive Balm

I am participating in THIS so my SOTD will be fairly repetitive for a while
Enjoy your shaves everyone :thumbsup

You have more confidence than I would, Till, at taking part in that. But a fine selection you have made there. Don't you like sticks, seeing that you've grated the Sir Irisch Moos?

Good morning friends!

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 30mm Simpson CHUBBY 2 Best Badger
SOAP/CREAM: Castle Forbes Shaving Cream Levender Essential Oil
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 6/8" Revisor, shoulderless, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Castle Forbes After shave Balm
COLOGNE: Eau de Cologne LAVANDA Ach. Brito
RESULT: Smooth shave

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla​

You love Castle Forbes Lavender, Bela, I know it. It is wonderful stuff for sure. Great shave and shot!:thumbup1:

Toyo Special | Thäter | Marrakesh | Rancé Le Vainqueur
proxy.php

I refuse to give up on this soap! So today I used a very wet brush loaded heavily and went straight to the face (a la the Italian Master Barber/Marco technique). The lather whipped up thick and luxurious. When I started the first pass, lather was up to 1/2 inch thick in places and the scent was absolutely intoxicating. By the time my first pass was finished, the lather had thinned considerably, but was still efficacious. I had a DFS after a single pass - this soap really leads to a great shave. After some touch ups and a light XTG pass, I was near BBS and ready to finish getting dressed. The Le Vainqueur is a new addition. It's a complex somewhat funky scent that was allegedly made for Napoleon. The notes are listed as: nutmeg, ginger, melon, citruses and watermelon; middle notes are lavender, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and geranium; base notes are leather, orris, amber and musk. I'm waiting for the dry down, but so far it's wearing close to the skin and definitely shows some animalic tendencies. An interesting new addition!

Stunning shot, Bill!:thumbup1: I don't go anywhere near a soap with a dryish brush these days. The wet brush approach just seems to transform any soap to a higher level for some reason. And that scent looks intriguing, not to mention a very elegant and prestigious looking bottle.

Thursday

Proshave Scuttle
Semogue 2011 LE, Finest Badger 1
Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (48)

Ingram Shaving Cream
Myrsol Balsamica
Ferrari Red EDT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Excellent shave and pic, Soren!:thumbup1: Something tells me I need to buy a bottle of Boss Cologne/EdT for race days. We can't have just you here, my friend, supporting Ferrari now, can we?! Mclaren needs some support here too, I think!:a50:

Let's open the SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria of May 2012 with these stunning shots of our B&B SOTD fans! Thank you so much, Gentlemen! :thumbup1:

Thank you, Marco!

Stunning shot, Bill!:thumbup1: I don't go anywhere near a soap with a dryish brush these days. The wet brush approach just seems to transform any soap to a higher level for some reason. And that scent looks intriguing, not to mention a very elegant and prestigious looking bottle.

David, I'm certainly becoming convert to the wet brush theory. I was a cream only guy for the longest time because I didn't get good lathers from soaps, but that has changed lately, and I'm trending towards soaps with a face lather.

The scent is very nice, and I must admit, I like the bottle design...

~05/03/2012~

Semogue 2011 LE FBristle 2 (#88) | EJ BChrome w/ Red IP (UK) | Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba | SL: AOS SS Lemon & NB Signature SC | NB Cooling After-Shave Gel

I usually prefer not to make superlathers b/c I like to use a product by itself and own contents. But for some reason I wanted to make one today. The last SL I did was with NB and MWF. It was good but MWF is best by itself. So today I used my AOS Lemon which is an excellent SS and its not very heavily scented. You do get a hint of the clay but is still tallow based. So since the scent is only lemon hinted I thought that
it would be great base for a SL and it went extraordinary well with NB Signature SC.
But today's shave was excellent and post shave was BBS. Well enough of that, You all have a Wonderful day Gents!

proxy.php

Balaji, could we have a duff pic, just for once, my friend?:lol::lol:

Thursday, May 3, 2012. Good Morning!

Morning Coffee: Hills Brothers Original Blend
Prep: Wash face with Musgo Real Glyce Lime
Razor: Schick I1
Blade: Schick
Soap: TABAC
Brush: Semogue SOC
Scuttle: Schwarzweisskeramik
Post: Cold water rinse followed by some TABAC After Shave Lotion

View attachment 240715

How do you like the Tabac AS compared to the Floid Blue, Johnny? Personally, whilst I found the scent of the soap agreeable, the AS just took it that little bit too far for my liking.

Thank you very much Marco! It's been a pleasure contributing and improving

Balaji, could we have a duff pic, just for once, my friend?:lol::lol:

Thanks David! Lol, i'll try my best but its an OCD thing if I see something blurry and has to be perfect.

13/16 Aiku, Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Shavemac 177, 23mm Silvertip
Geo. F. Trumper's Rose Soap
Cold Water Rinse
Paco Rabanne XS Aftershave
Le Labo Rose 31 EdP

proxy.php

Excellent close up! Is that old Tallow Formulation of GFT Rose SS? How does the lather consistency compare to say like Arlington or MWF? Same category or not?

Excellent close up! Is that old Tallow Formulation of GFT Rose SS? How does the lather consistency compare to say like Arlington or MWF? Same category or not?

This rose is the newer, reformulated Trumper's soap. I am now on my second puck of this rose, all other Trumper's soaps performing miserably for me. This, however, is wonderful stuff. A recent thread of UK soap comparisons revealed how hit and miss the Trumper's soaps are now in latherability. I have had the good fortune to be sent 2 excellently performing pucks with a magnificent scent. This is a 2008 manufactured soap, the more recent ones appearing to have the quality issues. The lather of this soap stands well with the likes of Harris and MWF

Ivan, this is such an elegantly composed shot.:thumbup1: I only acquired my first Hermes scent a couple of months ago and it is quickly becoming a favourite brand for me.:001_smile

Thanks a lot David! I was aiming for the glossy retro look from the old picture magazines, but now that I look at it I failed again.
Which Hermes did you choose?

You have more confidence than I would, Till, at taking part in that. But a fine selection you have made there. Don't you like sticks, seeing that you've grated the Sir Irisch Moos?
Well I get to switch between my President and my Le Grelot, so I am fairly okay. Plus I really want to test drive this Rooney Beehive so I figured this was a good way.
Sticks are perfectly fine, but if I am going to be using the same soap then I would prefer it in puck form.

Cool composition and glow! What do you think of the new Proraso splash? I'm a newcomer to the Proraso line and I just picked this up myself - along with the old version so I could compare the two like a good B&Ber :001_smile
13/16 Toyo "Scheon Burg" #777, Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Custom Simpson Duke 3 Silvertip (3-Band)
L'Occitane Cade Soap
Cold Water Rinse
New Proraso Splash
Houbigant Fougere Royale

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom