What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - May 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

strop

Now half as wise
Those Japanese western straights are my favourites, especially the Aiku....it holds a fantastic edge. And Marlborough.....need I say more?!!

I couldn't agree more, David. I may have to pick up another while Martin still has some.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
No time for individual comments today, unfortunately. But, as always, excellent shots Gentlemen!

Kikuboshi | Nomad | Chubby 2 | AdP Balsamo | Aqaba Men
proxy.php

I'm guessing you're back, Bill? Hope all went well in Hawaii. Never tried the C&E soaps.....a worthwhile purchase would you say? Lovely pic.:thumbup1: Is the colour an indication of the tan you now have?:lol:

Thursday

Music
Ella Fitzgerald

Hardware
Bukhave Scuttle - Edwin Jagger Boar - Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (55)

Software
Cella Crema Sapone - Floïd Suave After Shave - Hugo Boss; Boss Bottled EDT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

A great selection this morning, Soren:thumbup1:

Skin Feels Burnt!
~05/09/2012~

Turkish HH Brush #1 \\ Merkur 1904 w/ Red IP (UK) \\ Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba \\ RazoRock Chianti Lavender Artisan SS \\ Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba

I'm afraid that this might be the last time I can use RR shaving soap. After applying the lather and letting it sit on my skin, there was just this burn. This isn't the first time I experienced it. I thought maybe the last of couple of times I was doing something wrong but it wasn't. I do love the scent of this soap but it doesn't seem to agree with me anymore. I really do hope the new RR La Famigilia Line doesn't do the same. If it does, it's okay b/c there other soaps that I'll be happy to use more often. It is one of my favorites. Well, I hope you all have a great day!

proxy.php

Not you too, Balaji? I used Chianti Lavender this morning, and after several uses without an issue, this morning I had a face and neck covered in blotches! I'll give it a few days and try again, but I've never had any problems whatsoever with Italian soaps. I hope this isn't the start. Anyhow, a magnificent pic!:thumbup1:

proxy.php

Cream Vulfix Persian Musk // Merkur Progress/Polsilver // Simpson T3 Manchurian // Thayers // Balm Proraso

Hope the Tulip is performing well for you, Luis. Did you get the cream at the same time? And all captured in an absolutely stunning pic!:thumbup1: For some reason it gives a Christmassy feel to me.

This morning:

- Veleiro Pre-Shave Soap
- 66-60 Hautnähröl
- Derby Shaving Stick
- Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
- Mühle R106 with Astra Superior Platinum (3)
- Floïd Masaje Genuino mentolado suave
- The Handmade Soap Company After Shave Soothing Cream

proxy.php

Chubby in all its glory! A wonderful close-up of an excellent shave!:thumbup1:

Not you too, Balaji? I used Chianti Lavender this morning, and after several uses without an issue, this morning I had a face and neck covered in blotches! I'll give it a few days and try again, but I've never had any problems whatsoever with Italian soaps. I hope this isn't the start. Anyhow, a magnificent pic!:thumbup1:

David my friend, It got me today too unfortunately. If you notice in my SOTD pics i don't use RR as much b/c of this. Until today this was very alarming post shave. I've had it with Cella which I really enjoyed until acne was coming back. Also RR XXX was awesome but same thing, the scent was burning my face. Only thing which hasn't gotten has been Omega SS and SMN. Wish this wasn't the case but it is what it is!

15/16 Filarmonica "Doble Temple" #14, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
Semogue 2000
RazoRock Chianti Lavender Artisan Soap
Cold Water Rinse
Alt-Innsbruck

proxy.php

This is very pretty BTW! Also you had the same burning sensation? What do you think caused it? Did you feel any burn when the lather was on your stubble?

A return to the comfort zone, Keith? Supreme pic in any format, without doubt!:thumbup1:

Picture comfort zone, yes.

Shave comfort zone, no. Either my face was over sensitive today or the razor needs way more than just the touch up I gave it yesterday. Either way the shave actually felt terrible :lol:

David my friend, It got me today too unfortunately. If you notice in my SOTD pics i don't use RR as much b/c of this. Until today this was very alarming post shave. I've had it with Cella which I really enjoyed until acne was coming back. Also RR XXX was awesome but same thing, the scent was burning my face. Only thing which hasn't gotten has been Omega SS and SMN. Wish this wasn't the case but it is what it is!

This is very pretty BTW! Also you had the same burning sensation? What do you think caused it? Did you feel any burn when the lather was on your stubble?

Balaji, I have absolutely no idea why this happened this morning. I have been using a variety of Italian soft soaps...Cella, P.160, Vitos, Valobra, for the past two years, and RazoRock more recently. Never had even the slightest reaction before. I guess I'll just have to see what future shaves bring. I could live without RazoRock, but CELLA, no way!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom