Mühle R101 (2010)
Derby Extra
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Institut Karité Baume Après Rasage Hydratant

proxy.php

New brush, Emanuel? Very artistic layout and pic!:thumbup1:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
@Marco I liked it, hair is special, I've never tasted anything like, not much difference with the 2 bands of Simpsons :thumbup1:

This is exactly what Mark at Simpsons told me: the Manchurian is close to the 2 band Super, which I don't like. I will stick with the 3 band Super and Best for my Simpsons.

Semogue, Cella and a Slim; if you didn't get a great shave you only have yourself to blame :001_smile
I really like the vintage look of the photo :thumbup1:.

Thank you. Some of my favorites -- the Slim has especially been hitting the spot lately. It was a good shave indeed.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
A couple days till Vacay!
~05/09/2012~

Semogue 1438 \\ Merkur Progress w/ Red IP \\ Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba \\ Santa Maria Novella Crema Da Barba \\ Nivea Replenishing Post Shave Balm

For today's shave I face lathered using the ever so famous Marco Method using SMN. Today's lather was the best/densest I ever got with SMN and it was great! Although I did squeeze a little bit of water out of the bristles before loading the 1438. SMN is best used this way. In any case, If someone was on a budget and wanted excellent SBrushes that are boar I would 110% recommend the Semogue 1800 & 1438. The best value for under $30 owning both. Then you can slowly expand when wanted. Well enough from me. I hope you all have an excellent day!

proxy.php

Lovely pic, Balaji! I suppose the SMN shaving cream will soon be reformulated to a paraben-free formula, just like Proraso. For those who do not know, both are made by the same manufacturer - Ludovico Martelli company.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Wednesday

Music
Toni Braxton

Hardware
Proshave Scuttle
Edwin Jagger Silvertip
Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (54)

Software
Nivea for Men Shaving Cream
Nivea for Men Replenishing After Shave Balm
Geo. F. Trumper Eucris EDT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

My hat is off to such a marvellous composition. Bravo, Soren!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
5/9/2012

Pre : Cetaphil Cleanser + Shiseido Men Shaving Cream
Bowl : Robert Becker Scuttle
Brush : Omega 80257 Boar
Safety : GEM Micromatic Clog Proof
Blade : GEM Stainless Steel #3
Soap : Valobra Almond Lavanda Cream Soap

proxy.php

Very original and very cool!

Lovely pic, Balaji! I suppose the SMN shaving cream will soon be reformulated to a paraben-free formula, just like Proraso. For those who do not know, both are made by the same manufacturer - Ludovico Martelli company.

Thank you Marco! Well if they reformulate hopefully, lanolin will still be included b/c it really makes a difference!

A couple days till Vacay!
~05/09/2012~

Semogue 1438 \\ Merkur Progress w/ Red IP \\ Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba \\ Santa Maria Novella Crema Da Barba \\ Nivea Replenishing Post Shave Balm

For today's shave I face lathered using the ever so famous Marco Method using SMN. Today's lather was the best/densest I ever got with SMN and it was great! Although I did squeeze a little bit of water out of the bristles before loading the 1438. SMN is best used this way. In any case, If someone was on a budget and wanted excellent SBrushes that are boar I would 110% recommend the Semogue 1800 & 1438. The best value for under $30 owning both. Then you can slowly expand when wanted. Well enough from me. I hope you all have an excellent day!

proxy.php

Great pic as always, Balaji! :thumbup1: A question for you. Is SMN a hard cream like AdP?:001_unsur I see you used a wet brush as for soaps.

[QUOTE=hitemfrank;4108024]
Muhle Sea Buckthorn - Semogue 830 - Merkur 34c - Bluebird - Dr Harris Arlington

proxy.php

[/QUOTE]

WOW, Keith, you are really going for it, and succeeding admirably. Stunning pic, my friend!:thumbup1:

Great pic as always, Balaji! :thumbup1: A question for you. Is SMN a hard cream like AdP?:001_unsur I see you used a wet brush as for soaps.

Thank you David, greatly appreciated! SMN is actually the same consistency as Proraso SS but a bit harder. I mean you can still scoop an almond size amount of cream out the tub but personally don't want too. Its a face latherer dream soap!

Thank you David, greatly appreciated! SMN is actually the same consistency as Proraso SS but a bit harder. I mean you can still scoop an almond size amount of cream out the tub but personally don't want too. Its a face latherer dream soap!

Thanks for the clarification, Balaji. I was imagining all thought taking a wet brush to a typical cream density. That would be a mess in heaven!

Floid Sandolor
Marlborough soap
Klenso restored w/ TGN Silvertip
6/8 The Aiku hollow ground
Marlborough ASL
Marlborough EdC

proxy.php

In the 40's last night, so decided to pull out the Marlborough again. May be the last until the fall.

Those Japanese western straights are my favourites, especially the Aiku....it holds a fantastic edge. And Marlborough.....need I say more?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom