What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - May 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muhle Sea Buckthorn - Semogue LE Finest Bristle 1 - Toyo Scheon Burg #666 - Floid Blue

proxy.php

Toyo only means one thing to me, Keith.....one heck of a blade and shave. And no finer way than to round it off with Floid Blue.:thumbup1:

Friday

Music
Ella Fitzgerald

Hardware
Proshave Scuttle
Vie-Long White Badger
Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (56)

Software
Nivea for Men Shaving Cream
Myrsol Agua De Limón
T&H Freshman Cologne

Have a nice day, Gentlemen
proxy.php

proxy.php

Wonderful display, Soren!:thumbup1: So who's going to win this weekend then??

Just lovely, Balaji!

Thank you Marco! BTW, how do you like MWF b/c it completely different from like Cella, Razorock & MdC?

Balaji, if there's one soap to do a shave any justice, then MWF fits the bill very nicely. So glad you had a return to normality today. Great shot. I am going to miss your posts next week but thoroughly enjoy your holiday.:001_smile

Thank you David! Your pic too was quite excellent my friend! I am going to miss posting this week. You would think that when your on Vacay there's time to do everything but i guess thats not the case lol. This shave was great. BTW how was yours, better than yesterdays?

A wonderful pic as always, Soren! Is the Myrsol Agua de Limon alcohol based? And is the scent of true lemons?

Thank you very much.

Yes, it has a lot of alcohol - first component at least :001_smile

the ingredienslist is:
Alcohol denat.
Aqua
Sorbitol
Parfum
Menthol
Citric Acid
CI 19140 (Yellow 5)

As it only states perfume I don't know if there are any natural fragrances in it.
It does smell very citrussy, but I could very well imagine that some would find the scent to be a little "synthetic".
I love it however, and despite alcohol being the first component I don't find it to be drying out the skin, I was actually very positive surprised of the performance.
Being a citrus scent it doesn't last long though, but I have found it to be very compatible to colognes and EDT's in that area to, for example T&H Freshman, Pen's Blenheim and Ferrari Black.

Wonderful display, Soren!:thumbup1: So who's going to win this weekend then??

Thank you.

Liverpool and Ferrari of course :biggrin1: - because I do

I'm going to be dreaming about Mike's soaps before long, I think. They are cropping up all over the place. A really fine close-up of a great shave-and the original Proraso rather than the reformulated one is definitely the better IMO.
Thanks, David! Yes Mike's is some pretty slick stuff-I like it a lot. On Proraso-I have two full bottles of the old formula AS, I'm debating picking up a third for backup. I've also recently got a good friend of mine 'hooked' on the Proraso line-Every time I talk to him he's picked up another product to try :thumbup1: ...I think the ADs are starting :devil: :clap:

View attachment 243049Newbie with my first post.EJ DE89 with ikon bulldog handel. (like the weight and feel)AOS badger brushTOBS Mr. TaylorThayers Witchhazel Lavender TOBS Mr. Taylor Balm

Welcome to B&B and the SOTD, and a great first post! You have actually posted in the Tabula Gratulatoria where comments can be left regarding the pics. Just for future ref, you need to post your pics in the "themed week" thread.

11 MAY 2012

*Muhle R41 2011
*Polisilvers
*Semogue 830
*Mike's Natural Soaps Lavandin
*OSMA alum
*Thayers
*Unrefined Shea Butter
*Letting the arsenal rest in the lawn after such a strenuous workout, especially the R41 which might have to be released back into the wild as it refuses to be tamed! OUCH!
*Enjoy your shaves, gentlemen, especially you, David.

WOW, celestino!!!
:thumbup1:

I hope you don't mind, gentlemen, but tonight I am just going to say a huge WELL DONE for today's posts in the SOTD. You all never cease to amaze with the quality and set up of the pics you display in this forum. Please keep them coming, my friends!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sunday Morning May 13th, taking my time.
FIRST STRAIGHT RAZOR SHAVE !
Shower, hot towel.
Lathered up with L'Occitane "Cade" cream mixed on Kent Bowl soap using Simpson G2, Chubby.
First use of new Feather Artist Club RG, with Feather Pro Guard Blades.
Took about fifteen minutes!
No weepers or cuts but the Osma block sure knew something was going on !
My old Acqua de Selva aftershave.
Tash trim and Bay Rum hair lotion.
Keb Mo kept me focused.
Thanks "Geochubbyboy" for the amazing utubes and inspiration.
Feeling Good, might celebrate down the pub,

Cheers Guys.

Congratulations on your first straight razor shave!:thumbup1: And in only 15 mins? How many passes was that? And yes, a trip down the pub sounds an excellent idea to me!:001_smile:thumbup1:

Sunday, 13.v.2012

Predopobarba Vitos
Semogue LE2009 #35
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Mühle R101 (2009)
Derby Extra
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Williams Aqua Velva

proxy.php

A Sunday shave with "The Fat" certainly sets you up for the day in the best possible way.:thumbup1: Looks like a nice day here, hope it is in Portugal too, Emanuel

Good morning friends! :001_smile

PREP: Floïd Sandolor Pre Shave Gel
BRUSH: 26mm Thäter LE, 2-band (SRP 2011) Silvertip Badger
SOAP/CREAM: Manantiales de La Toja Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: 7/8" Max Sprecher custom, 1/4 Hollow Ground, French Point,
w/ Cobaltium M3 Mokume Gane scales + G10 Hunter Orange tapered wedge
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Acqua Di Parma Collezione After Shave Balm
COLOGNE: Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa
RESULT: Awesome, BBS shave :001_rolle

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla

Oh man, what a shave!! :thumbup1: I drool every time I see that custom straight, Bela!:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom