What's new

How many different kinds of DE razors do you own?

How Many DIFFERENT DE's do you own?

• 3-5

• 5-10

• 10-20

• 20-40

• over 40

Results are only viewable after voting.
Don't be so sure. I have a very nice Ikon I like to look at more than shave with, and I have heard VERY mixed reviews on the Feather. I will tell you that the Tradere has a good following, and the Webers are very good shavers (that have a handle you can use on anything).
Well I suppose I DID speak too soon.

Well I suppose I DID speak too soon.

I will tell you this, though, the Ikon is a finely crafted razor. As far as I know, so is the Feather. Although the dual head on the Ikon is neat, it makes me shave differently. It is all a YMMV thing, but it seems most of your less expensive razors are just as good at shaving. Parkers don't have a good reputation (I don't have one), and Merkur has been having some quality issues. There are a lot out there, and I have RAD as badly as anyone, I just don't want you to spend what you don't have to be disappointed.

i just got started with this DE shaving thing and i like it...i dont think i'd want more razors though since the DE89 and the astra blades are good too....dont think i want different blades either.

guess i'm just content

Super Speed flare tip
Red Tip
Blue Tip
Rocket
Red Rocket
Slim
Aristrocrat 1948
Aristocrat 1934
Old Type
Bulldog
New
Tech Ball End
Tech Fat Handle
Travel Tech
Merkur 34C

I have five. In order of acquisition:

Merkur HD
1960s alu-handled Gillette tech
Weber ARC bulldog
1920s Gillette ball-ended Old Type
Tradere OC

In about two months I have already collected about 18 or so razors. Doesn't help to read forums here :biggrin1: - your desire to acquire razors keeps on :huh:

Just one so far, a Merkur 34C HD. I have enough ADs to deal with at it is (soaps, brushes, AS) that I've been keeping my RAD at bay for the time being :001_cool:

In about two months I have already collected about 18 or so razors. Doesn't help to read forums here :biggrin1: - your desire to acquire razors keeps on :huh:

In other words, how many is enough? Just ONE more, then one more after that.

Just added a 3rd. Just won a '62 Gillette Slim to add to my "collection" of a '58 Super Speed TV Special, and a '73 (or is it a '71) Gillette travel razor.

I have 21 total and 20 too many, 15 DE's and 6 GEM's, not to mention the 2 shavets, and three straights. I'll be cleaning most out soon because I found my razor the R41 and have NO interest in the rest now. I have a new Merkur 1904 and a Cadet SHD-27 that are new never used, I got the same day the R41 arrived, mistake I made was shaving with the R41 first.

Gillette razors

1920s Old Type
1920s New Improved
FB New
RFB New both two piece and three piece
#15 Aristocrat razor
1941 Aristocrat
1948 FB Fat Handled Tech
1950s English Tech razor
1952 Super Speed Black Tip
1953 Coronation #58 Set - aluminium
1958 NOS Rocket Red Tip
1959 #58 all brass razor
1960 Slim Twist
1961 Fatboy razor
1961 British Presentation Slim Adjustable Set
1966 Slim Adjustable
1970 Super Adjustable
1970 NOS Slim Twist Deluxe razor
1972 Knack

Non Gillette Razors

Eclipse Red Ring razor
Pfeilring Solingen Slant razor
Velvet razor
Souplex Bakelite razor
Philips Philite razor
Travel Old Type clone razor
Fatip Piccolo razor
Italian Radimi razor
7 o'clock FB razor
Minora razor

And of course duplicates of some of the above razors.

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
1. One Micro touch safety razor (I own because it was my first de razor so sentimental value and do not use).

2. Two Merkur 34c's (one is my go to and one still in package as a back up with two spare top plates for both).

3. Merkur 933cl travel razor (I don't leave home without it).

I answered the poll as having 5, then realized it wasn't about different brands.
My answer should have been in the 20-25 range.

Last edited:
I never thought to count or list them before.

1905 Double Ring
1909 Single Ring
1916 Single Ring (gold)
1915 Old Type
1926 Bostonian
Short Comb New
Long Comb New
Open Comb TTO Aristocrat
Sheraton
Senator
Early Fat Handled Tech
Regent Tech
Ranger Tech
Post-War pre-49 Aristocrat
Gold Fat Handled Tech
Pre-49 Ball End Tech
1940s Super Speed
Milord
Executive (rhodium)
President
Black Tip
1952 Gold Ball End Tech
1955 Red Tip Super Speed
1956 Flare Tip Super Speed
1957 Blue Tip Super Speed
1959 Fat Boy
1961 Slim Adjustable
1972 Black Handle Super Adjustable

Early Gold Krona
Gray handled Eversharp (Krona)
Nickel Krona w/logo doors

A. S & Co. 45 (British Service)

Last edited:
1) NEW SC
2) NEW LC
3) NEW DeLuxe
4) NEW English RFB #44
5) AS-D1
6) BBS-1
7) ATT R1
8) Wolfman OC
9) Tradere 1st Gen OC
10) Tradere SB
11) Gillette triangle Tech
12) Gillette Super Speed
13) ATT S2
14) Ikon Original Slant
15) Ikon Deluxe
16) Otto Roth

Wow. I really need to downsize.

I returned to DE shaving at the beginning of November this year and I am already up to 5 razors :001_smile
EJ DE89, Flare Tip Rocket, #58 Aristocrat, #66 Aristocrat in Rhodium and a Feather Popular (for travel) is on its way from Japan.

I missed out by a couple of dollars on a #15 and then a #16 Aristocrat. I must now stop bidding on razors until I have found my best of the bunch. I need to rotate through them, and the different blade combinations, for a few months each. Then I think I may sell one or two on if they don't quite do it for me. On the other hand if they all give me a good shave I will keep them and rotate. I am not a displayer of razors, I think they were made to be used.

Top Bottom