What's new

How many different kinds of DE razors do you own?

How Many DIFFERENT DE's do you own?

• 3-5

• 5-10

• 10-20

• 20-40

• over 40

Results are only viewable after voting.
It would be a hard challenge to try to list them. It's not that many, it's just digging through the drawer where they hang out and multiply/get lost.

I have a few

Attachments

• $Picture 004.jpg
    $Picture 004.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 151
Well, if we include SE razors, I have 26 different kinds:

1918 Gillette Old Type (Silver)
1921 Gillette Single Ring
1921 New Improved Big Fellow
1924 Ever Ready SE
1929~ Gillette Old Type Ball End Handle (Silver)
1930 Ever-Ready SE
1930's Gillette Early NEW Bar Handle
1930s Gillette NEW Criterion Gold
1930's Gillette Early Tech Fat Handle Silver
1930's Gillette Early Tech Ball End Silver
GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip
1938-1945 Gold Contract Tech
1945 Gillette Black Contract Tech
CLIX Black Bakelite 3 Piece
1946-1949 Gillette Tech Fat Handle Gold
1946-1949 Gillette Tech Ball End Gold
1951 (W4) Black Plastic Handle Tech
1950's ??? Cooper Black 3 Piece
GEM Pushbutton
1960 (F1) Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip
1960 (F4) Gillette Fat Boy
Star 3 Piece 1960's
1966 (L4) Gillette Travel Tech
1970 (P2) Gillette Black Super Adjustable
Giesen & Forsthoff Timor TTO
2012 Weber 3 Piece

Last edited:
British Aristocrat #21 (Mint and Cased)
British Aristocrat #66 (Cased)
British Aristocrat #70 (Mint and Cased)
British Rocket HD (Cased)
3 x British #58's (Can't stop buying em!!)
1 x Feather All Stainless (My Go-to Razor - I try to use the above mentioned razors in my rotation but I just coming back to this. It's too gamn good)

1959 Gillette SS
1962 Slim adjustable
1940's Tech
(3) Edwin Jagger DE 89 with various handles
Muhle R89 with Rosegold handle
Weber arc finish razor

I'm pretty new to this obsession but at max, I had 4 DE razors. I've since trimmed it back to a EJ DE89 and the Muhle R41. I've discovered that I really like SE razors. I probably won't give up these last two DE razors but I'm not sure that I need any more.

2 types: 1 Gillette SS '67 and one razor (no brand) that I bought for 6 pesos in Mexico. I'll post a picture of it some day. It is small and light, like a travel razor. Three pieces. It is not well done: the blade is more exposed on one side than on the other; it is not heavy enough to shave without putting some pressure yourself.

A third one is on the mail, but it is also a SS.

Seems like some are trying to define "kinds" of DE razors. Depends on a narrow or broad view of the term. Are all Techs or Super Speeds one kind? Do you count falre tip, blue tip, red tip as all Super Speeds. Adjustables... Fat Boy and Slim are one kind or different? So, depending on definitions... I either have 3 "kinds" or 6 "kinds". Either way, I don't have near enough!

Hello there,

I know what you mean. I have gotten in DE shaving and injectors for the last several months and I have purchase over twenty razors: 1 40's Gillette butterfly, 2 Gillette small travel razors, 2 Gillette Fatboys, 2 Gillette super slim, 1 Gillette Red Tip, 1 Parker 46 R, and an assortment of Injectors, from the Schick Injector E with Bakelite and Amber handles, the Lady Schick Injector (long handle), a Schick Injector Adjustable, amongst others. Combined I have over 20 and rising.

I love collecting them and I look forward to morning shave experience in anticipation of which razor I will use. As well, there are approximately 5 or 6 new razors I would like to acquire, such as the Traderer Razor, the Muhle Rake, an Edwinn Jagger and the Cobra Classic Injector, I will not even mention the straight razors I would like to collect. Anyways the addiction of collecting shaving accouterments does not dissipate with time, on the contrary I believe it grows stronger, driven by improvements in our technique over time (we become better shavers) and our thirst to find the perfect shave. As I said, so far I have 20 razors and feel like I have not touched the tip of the iceberg, eventually if I keep up at this pace my basement is bound to become a shaving museum.

And before I forget, a good bottle of wine, a dozen roses and the occasional visit to the mother-in-laws house will help in softening the wife's attitude towards your new hobby. Well happy shaving and keep up the good posts.

Sam

1. Merkur HD, safety bar and open comb

2. Merkur 1904, safety bar and open comb

3. Merkur slant

4. Merkur travel razor, safety bar and open comb

5. Muhle R41

Hello there,

I know what you mean. I have gotten in DE shaving and injectors for the last several months and I have purchase over twenty razors: 1 40's Gillette butterfly, 2 Gillette small travel razors, 2 Gillette Fatboys, 2 Gillette super slim, 1 Gillette Red Tip, 1 Parker 46 R, and an assortment of Injectors, from the Schick Injector E with Bakelite and Amber handles, the Lady Schick Injector (long handle), a Schick Injector Adjustable, amongst others. Combined I have over 20 and rising.

I love collecting them and I look forward to morning shave experience in anticipation of which razor I will use. As well, there are approximately 5 or 6 new razors I would like to acquire, such as the Traderer Razor, the Muhle Rake, an Edwinn Jagger and the Cobra Classic Injector, I will not even mention the straight razors I would like to collect. Anyways the addiction of collecting shaving accouterments does not dissipate with time, on the contrary I believe it grows stronger, driven by improvements in our technique over time (we become better shavers) and our thirst to find the perfect shave. As I said, so far I have 20 razors and feel like I have not touched the tip of the iceberg, eventually if I keep up at this pace my basement is bound to become a shaving museum.

And before I forget, a good bottle of wine, a dozen roses and the occasional visit to the mother-in-laws house will help in softening the wife's attitude towards your new hobby. Well happy shaving and keep up the good posts.

Sam

This is what I am finding as well. Just ordered the Tradere.

Top Bottom