What's new

How many different kinds of DE razors do you own?

How Many DIFFERENT DE's do you own?

• 3-5

• 5-10

• 10-20

• 20-40

• over 40

Results are only viewable after voting.
1984 Gillette Super Speed (Black Handle), "College Razor"
ca. 1966 Schick Krona, "Dad's Old Krona"
1960 Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip, "Bernuth"
1959 Gillette Tech, "Screwball"

That'd be three TTO's
One long handle
One three-piece
Three Gillettes
One Schick
Three Super Speeds

Last edited:
24 DE, plus several versions of assorted Techs. 13 different styles SE's and a smattering of straights. I don't keep duplicates of any razors, except the various travel sets with Techs.

After 1 year of de shaving I have 4. One Modern, slant, vintage and open comb. I figured that will cover all the bases

1. Merkur Futur - Big heavy and smoothly aggressive. My first razor. Can mow down a weeks growth in 1 pass. Loves SI and KAIs.
  2. Merkur 37c - Buzz Saw. Surprisingly smooth. I could use a little more blade exposure. I feed it SIs KAIs or Voshkods
  3. E2 Fat Boy - Fatboy used with GSB or Astra SS exclusively.
  4. Fatip Grande - The latest addition. Blade exposure is off the charts. Way more than the Futur. Shallow AoA is manditory.

Last edited:
Merkur 34C (basically retired now)
Timeless .68 (my daily driver)

one day I may end up buying a titanium razor, guessing a Wolfman but if Timeless or Blackbird come out with one I may go that route. Not really looking for a big collection 1-2 razor is all I need, well one is all I need but two nice razors would be good for me.

Interesting thread.

I'm about 8 months into this DE Shaving business...

I am up to 7 DE Razors. I have four vintage Gillette razors and three Merkurs (Started with a 42C).

It seems I have recently developed a case of RAD... Three new to me Gillette Flare tips (Standard, Red, and Blue) in the last month...

I think the Fat Boy is next on my list...

I have 3, all vintage Gillette (Thin, Black Beauty and SS Flare tip). I had a Gillette New Short Open Comb that I gave away. It I buy another DE it will be to replace that one.

$IMG_3562.jpg
I got into DE shaving this past July and have acquired 6 razors already with 2 more in the works.

I have:

1) Merkur 34C - Standard classic recommended 1st razor for beginners
2) Gillette SS Gen 3 1948-50 - Wanted to try an old classic vintage to see what the difference was with modern razors
3) IKon X3 Slant - Had to try a slant! Took a few shaves to get used to the smoothness and angle.
4) Muhle R41 2013 Head - Looking for something more aggressive and figured I start with the razor everyone baselines - My Favorite!
5) PAA Grackle Tactical DOC - Gun Kote Coated - Wanted a more true open comb, looked cool. Second Fav - Fun and can buff like crazy
6) Gillette M2 Gen 1 Slim Adjustable - Classic, wanted a birthday razor (1967), & figured I needed an adjustable - Trifecta - Just 2 shaves

Pending
7) Polished Blackbird Closed Comb 85mm - Ordered & waiting! Wanted a high end SS razor. Looked great & many good reviews
8) RazoRock Hawk SE - Wanted to try an SE - Great price and many like. Hopefully next batch goes on sale soon. I heard maybe 10/31!

I also would like to try a Bakelite and have almost pulled the trigger on the white PAA. Just wanted to spread the acquisitions out to enjoy what I currently have. The Timeless open comb makes my eyes water, it is so beautiful, but very expensive and I need to get and play with my Blackbird first. Finally that new SS DOC at PAA looks great. After enjoying the Grackle, I would like to try the more durable and aggressive big brother version. Again expensive and I will need to first test the ordered Blackbird. The vintage 30s Gillette open comb old type ball end always looked intriguing but I must pace myself.

As you can see I have RAD bad. I just like to try all the different styles, did I mention Wardonia and GEM....

I need help! Does the variety ever end?

No clue. Especially if you include SEs and vintage wedge safeties like Rolls Razors and so forth. I would guess a couple hundred razors of all kinds and types.

In actual current use, I have three modern (and one coming) plus about eight vintage I use regularly:

Modern:

Rockwell 6s
Fendrihan Scientist
Supply Provision injector
Rockwell T1 on order

Vintage:

Gillette FatBoy
Gillette Super Adjustable 190(?)
Gillette Canadian Heavy Tech 1940s (triangle slts)
Schick E2 injector
Schick J2 hydromagic injector
Pal adjustable injector
Modernish military 4-piece brass travel DE (in little green plastic box)
Gem G-Bar

And then I haul out other vintage razors for testdrives as the mood (and my bravery level) strike me.

Last edited:
All I have is a Weishi 9306 and a Gillette Slim... And I'm perfectly fine with that, but I wouldn't mind trying other kinds, like a 3-piece instead of a TTO.

My main razor is a Mercur Barber Pole Slant Bar... I sometimes think it is a little aggressive, though I have to shave at least twice, plus touch up to get my sideways growing hair...

Can anyone recommend a good alternative? Not looking to spend a fortune...

Thanks

Two.
  • Merkur 34C - My first and only DE razor for ten months.
  • Timeless .95 OC with 85 mm handle - I got it two weeks ago and I'm still "learning" to shave with it. Its much more aggressive than the Merkur 34C. Beautiful razor, and I love the weight and feel.

1947 Gillette Aristocrat
1960 Gillette Flare SS
1961 Gillette Slim
RazoRock Super Knurl DE
RazoRock German 37 Slant

I feel like such a lightweight in this company

I have a Muhle R89 Grande (I just started DE shaving a couple of months ago). Query: Other than having a collection, is there a functional reason for having more than one (assuming there's no problem with the one you have)? Not criticizing; I'm just curious/trying to learn. There are certainly other razors that are nice-looking/almost works of art.

1. Fatip Grande
2. Fatip Piccolo
3. Fatip Testina Gentile
4. Joris Gold with the Lined Handle
5. Phoenix OC Bakelite Slant
6. Fine Superlite Slant
7. Merkur 23c (my first DE)
8. Ikon Shavecraft Tech

I've humored buying an Above the Tie or the Phoenix DOC Evolution, but I'm mostly satisfied using the Fatip razors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom