What's new

Long lasting EdC?

I know this has been asked before but doing a search didn't result with much information. What is similiar to EdC/4711 but long lasting? I came up with Imperiale by Guerlain and the only other fragrance that had the same properties was Eau d Guerlain...is this the same item? I went on Basenotes and came up with the same items and a couple threads mentioned Colonia fragrances are close, are they?

Thanks

I believe that Eau de Guerlain is the same as Imperiale. AdP Colonia is on my list of fragrances to try, but I haven't yet.

EDC Impeeriale is my favorite scent. It's remains a very short time on me (few minutes?). Acqua di Parma lasts much longer, Acqua di Colonia by Villoresi is also great and lasts about the same as AdP.
You might want to try MPG Baime or Fraiche Badiane. Both are very fresh and longevity is also good but they don't share much with an idea of a classical EDC.

PS Casual.
4711 is essentially loud, friendly lemon that pokes its head in the door, shouts hello and is gone before you know it. Lemon frags are a dime a dozen, but the differences between them are huge, ranging from classy to edgy to stuffy and on and on. But the other "friendly" one in style/character that comes to mind is the largely overlooked PS (Paul Sebastian) Casual. It's not as loud as 4711, not by a long shot, but that can be a good thing. And it lasts a while. The discontinued Bowling Green is another that my nose tells me is a mostly straight-forward, inoffensive lemon. These are all in my collection, along with Armani, Homme de Gres and YSL Pour Homme Concentre -- all lemons which have nothing to do with 4711.

I believe that Eau de Guerlain is the same as Imperiale. AdP Colonia is on my list of fragrances to try, but I haven't yet.
Eau de Guerlain is a different and longer lasting Eau than their Imperiale, there are several Guerlain Eaux, of which Eau de Guerlain is the best and longest lasting, has caraway and other notes, it's a deeper citrus than the others, it's actually and EDT. It reminds me a good deal of Creed Selection Verte. Turin gives it 5 stars, while their other Eaux rate mostly 4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom