What's new

Why don't I have a Straight Razor AD?

I've gone through a lot of different razors over the last 5 years.
DE, SE, Injector (yuck), you name it I've probably tried it.
I had a rather large collection of DE razors and was deep in collecting for quite a while.
Brushes, Soaps/Creams, &c.

A little over a year ago, I started in on straights.
I only own 3 straights and have only ever had 3 at any one time. (a W&B is in the mail from an ebay lot but let's not count that yet).

I rotate between DE, SE and Straights depending on my mood.

So, why did I not develop an AD for straights?

I have only one good strop (Legion Moo-Roo) and one coticule.
I very much like shaving with a straight, but it just hasn't fascinated me like the DE shaving.

Most guys ask what's wrong with them because they have an AD.
I'm asking what's wrong with me because I DON'T have an AD. :laugh:

Count your blessings, and your money!

The trick when counting your money is to capitalize the razors and then depreciate them at a thirty year lifecycle. On paper then, you can barely tell you bought two TZ customs. The TZ move also kinda dampens the edge to buy other razors. Also a long run good deal.

The trick when counting your money is to capitalize the razors and then depreciate them at a thirty year lifecycle. On paper then, you can barely tell you bought two TZ customs. The TZ move also kinda dampens the edge to buy other razors. Also a long run good deal.

I like your thinking. I wish my wife would see it that way. :lol:

3 straights is a good number.

1 to use today
2nd as backup in case the first one needs work
3rd one to send out if it needs more work than you can manage.

That said, I have ">3" straight razors :biggrin1:

I only have 3 razors that I would count. I spent about $40 on maybe 5 razors when I cleaned out the 4 antiques stores in my town. I have only been at it for a few months, but the only I find myself really coveting is a Kamisori.

Top Bottom