What's new

Why don't I have a Straight Razor AD?

I very much like shaving with a straight, but it just hasn't fascinated me like the DE shaving.
Hmmm, I very much like shaving with a DE, but it just hasn't fascinated me like the straight shaving.

What is it that fascinates you so much about DE's? That'll be the answer i think. For me, compared to straights I find them kind of boring - not that that's bad! They are WAY more cosistent in my eyes. But there just seems so much more to straights to me over a DE.

I'm up to 10 so far. Some I have for refurb. I need a hobby to slow myself down - I bought them and now need to fix them. So of course I have to buy the tools to play... I mean fix... them. Works out I think. My wife is shaking her head :laugh:about me sitting down at the end of the day with sandpaper on the floor to watch a movie while I polish another rusty but soon to be trusty. Then I can play with the hones too. I figure I can play for a while on the projects that I have.

After blade restoration I can then move into the 2 sets of scales that I need to make for the broken ones that I have. There are two razors that I want to keep. My problem is that I can litterly hear my first love, a simple Dovo 6/8 Best calling out to me in jealousy.

I feel so bad about it that I have to go back and shave again in the morning. :blue:

My wife is shaking her head :laugh:about me sitting down at the end of the day with sandpaper on the floor to watch a movie while I polish another rusty but soon to be trusty. Then I can play with the hones too.

Dude, that's me! I find my Bluetooth headphones (wire gets in the way) and Netflix are perfect for a happy night sanding and honing. ;) and yes, I get the eye roll from the Boss.

Most of my blades are cleaned by me. I should part with a few and recoup some cash. I have 8 shave ready, and a few others that are near shave ready, and several more that are far from shave ready.

Phil

Top Bottom