Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why don't I have a Straight Razor AD?

Quote Originally Posted by maxman View Post
    Boker Red Injun 101 RP
    Fritz Bracht era Dovo
    Le Grelot Royal Canadian
    I would have to agree with Mike - Those are all Quality razors.

Quote Originally Posted by maxman View Post
    I very much like shaving with a straight, but it just hasn't fascinated me like the DE shaving.
    Hmmm, I very much like shaving with a DE, but it just hasn't fascinated me like the straight shaving.

What is it that fascinates you so much about DE's? That'll be the answer i think. For me, compared to straights I find them kind of boring - not that that's bad! They are WAY more cosistent in my eyes. But there just seems so much more to straights to me over a DE.
    - David

Images

I'm up to 10 so far. Some I have for refurb. I need a hobby to slow myself down - I bought them and now need to fix them. So of course I have to buy the tools to play... I mean fix... them. Works out I think. My wife is shaking her head about me sitting down at the end of the day with sandpaper on the floor to watch a movie while I polish another rusty but soon to be trusty. Then I can play with the hones too. I figure I can play for a while on the projects that I have.

After blade restoration I can then move into the 2 sets of scales that I need to make for the broken ones that I have. There are two razors that I want to keep. My problem is that I can litterly hear my first love, a simple Dovo 6/8 Best calling out to me in jealousy.

I feel so bad about it that I have to go back and shave again in the morning.
    ~Chris

Quote Originally Posted by SinnerinRehab View Post
    My wife is shaking her head about me sitting down at the end of the day with sandpaper on the floor to watch a movie while I polish another rusty but soon to be trusty. Then I can play with the hones too.
    Dude, that's me! I find my Bluetooth headphones (wire gets in the way) and Netflix are perfect for a happy night sanding and honing. ;) and yes, I get the eye roll from the Boss.
    "Of a thousand shavers, two do not shave so much alike as not to be distinguished." S. Johnson, 1777.
    On shave sabbatical for 2014 -- No shenanigans yet, still in!

Images

i think that's quite a bit of us...
    --Jon. "Love me some 14s"

Images

Most of my blades are cleaned by me. I should part with a few and recoup some cash. I have 8 shave ready, and a few others that are near shave ready, and several more that are far from shave ready.

Phil