What's new

OH MAN! The razor finding gods were with me today! WooooHoooo! PIC HEAVY

So....

I've been paying my dues alot lately. Hitting antique stores, flea markets etc etc and I've been doing ok. Nothing crazy rare, but certainly my fair share of great fatboys, slims, olds, news and techs.

I've mostly been dreaming of finding a minty WWI military issue khaki set or a double ring - don't we all have our dream finds?

Anyways, prowling through an online classifieds site I found a mom and pop antique shop advertising straights. On a whim I emailed asking if they had any DE's as well. They responded that they did have quite a bunch, and sent me the following two pictures - I then highlighted the few (the white circles) that I was interested in, not knowing for sure what a couple were, but they looked good so I picked them.

$rob1.jpg$rob2.jpg

Do you guys see it yet? I did not, until they picked out my selection and sent me the following picture to confirm my selection, and give me a price of around $100 for all 6 (I dropped the SE GEM - thought it was something else)

$zoom.jpg

Still don't see it? How about now :)

$eclipse.jpg

All 6 are now on their way to me.... I'm feeling very very good about this score!

Eclipse Red Ring. Quite hard to find and pretty expensive when you do. Looks in good condition as well, though likely in need of a good cleaning.

Oh yeah. I saw it right away, once they separated the razors you chose. Looks like several nice scores, but the Eclipse is a real find. Congrats.

No idea what it should be worth. Not even sure it is what I think it is. The case is different from mine, and the Damaskeene did come in both open and closed comb. If memory serves I think I paid around 50 for mine, which I thought was a deal based on condition and rarity.

No idea what it should be worth. Not even sure it is what I think it is. The case is different from mine, and the Damaskeene did come in both open and closed comb. If memory serves I think I paid around 50 for mine, which I thought was a deal based on condition and rarity.

Thanks - I have higher resolution images of them all - it is indeed a Damaskeene and it looks quite minty. Wondering if I should grab more...

They told me they bought these all from a barber's estate who had moved into a retirement home.

Top Bottom