What's new

How many shaves do you get from one blade?

How many shaves before throwing away a blade?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Between 5 and 8 shaves for a DE blade for me. Each blade is different

***** EDIT: For reference I do a 4 pass shave every day.

Last edited:
I usually change after five shaves. I can push an Iridium or a Med Prep a little further but it just isn't worth it.

While every blade is different, I'll often change it after 4 shaves. Sometimes if the blade is feeling pretty good I'll stretch it to 5 shaves. But with the cost of blades its just not worth the risk of irritation to try for too many.

I can't vote in your poll because for me it depends on the blade.

Here is my score for the blades I am currently using or have used this past year.

• Personna Reds: 4.
  • Feather: 2
  • Gillette Russian Yellows: 4
  • Personna Med or Lab Grade blades: 6 to 7.
  • Bolzano: 4
  • Lord (SS, platinum, or chrome): 4
  • Astra: 3
  • Derby: 3

So as you can see my answer is from 2 to 7, depending upon the blade.

1 shave and then I toss it. I shave face and head too. Plus, the feel of a fresh blade in the morning is awesome.

It ain't about the money IMHO, if it was I'd have just one razor, or I'd be using cheap drugstore disposables.

DE blade = 4 shaves, depending on the blade
SE blade = 5-15 depending on the blade (Feather SE blades usually last 10-15 shaves)

I get two uses out of every blade. The only brand i can push to three is the Gillette Sharp Edge, but that third shave has questionable quality. Blades are cheap enough, so no need to treat them like carts.

4 shaves and then I toss it, but in a pinch I could get 5 to 6 out of almost every blade brand I use. The best shave is always the second day for me.

I have no hesitation about changing blades if I detect a problem, but usually change them the first shave of the work week. Then I get 5-7 shaves out of each one, depending on whether I stay at the apartment or head home for the weekend.

Top Bottom