What's new

RIP Junior Seau

From what I'm reading he shot himself in the chest(like Dave Duerson) with a note asking that they study his brain for signs of post-traumatic stress syndrome. Serious stuff.

From what I'm reading he shot himself in the chest(like Dave Duerson) with a note asking that they study his brain for signs of post-traumatic stress syndrome. Serious stuff.

I didn't hear anything about the note. If that's true, it's going to be a big deal. I mean, if he was exhibiting PTSD symptoms that may have led to this, it'll be a big deal, because he was a marquee player who contemporary people know and remember very well. He'll give the issue a face.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hadn't heard about the note, but I can believe it. A lot of older players (especially linebackers) have had weird problems later on due to the repetive head injuries.

on edit: when I heard he shot himself in the chest, I thought that would be a rather slow way to go- why not the head? This might answer that.

Last edited:
Wow, what a shock. Obviously there is a lot that we don't know at this point, but he was a beloved athlete that seems to have had a lot of people that cared very deeply for him. Watching his mother on TV was heart-wrenching.

I loved watching Junior play. What an amazing work ethic and fitness regimen he must have had to be able to play at such a high level for so long. RIP Junior.

Growing up in San Diego I remember my dad taking me to a few Chargers games and bringing me to his Seau's restaurant afterwards. The place was huge and larger than life with Chargers and USC gear everywhere. It made quite an impression on me and I thought he had it all and lived such a fortunate life.

I was stunned and heartbroken to hear this news today. I always loved watching him play, especially in his last years with the Pats. When he took the field, you knew he would give 110%, and could see his love for the game.
He will be missed very much.

Sue

Loved watching him play but I'm a heartless sob when it comes to suicide. I hope his kids and the rest of his family are able to find comfort.

Top Bottom