What's new

Semogue 2000 on the way

Guys.....Thanks!

I placed an orded with Phil yesterday.

All of your suggestions were much appreciated. If I like the 2K, I already know I will be getting a SOC for Boar #2.

Thanks again, and I am looking forward to "The way of the Pig"

Jon

Congrats. You'll love both I'm sure. Don't judge it until you've given it some time to break in. They take a bit of time to reach their potential.

Congrats. You'll love both I'm sure. Don't judge it until you've given it some time to break in. They take a bit of time to reach their potential.

I am factoring in at least a 2 week break in period Obiwan. Sound about right?

Jon

I'm right there with you. Mine just came in today! Going to give it some test runs on some soap here in a little bit. Feels like a very good brush right out of the box already. We will see.

I just got mine Monday, only had the chance to give a shot once so far. Also enjoying my new Rooney 3/1 Silver tip, but boy does that Semogue 2000 stink. Whew need to give it a nice bath and see what the 20 mule team can do for it.

Well it was in the mailbox this afternoon. Yeah it's a stinker alright. Lathered up some DRH Lavender for a test......wow this thing is going to eat my soaps alive. left the lather in it will let it sit overnight and give it a good rinse in the morning.

All in all I am extremely pleased!

Jon

I just got mine Monday, only had the chance to give a shot once so far. Also enjoying my new Rooney 3/1 Silver tip, but boy does that Semogue 2000 stink. Whew need to give it a nice bath and see what the 20 mule team can do for it.
It's weird how some Semogues smell and some don't. My SOC had no odor at all.

Lathered up some DRH Lavender for a test......wow this thing is going to eat my soaps alive.
Jon

How long it takes to load the brush is brush and soap dependent. The boar is stiff and DRH is soft so go easy on it :)
In two weeks it will be broken in, in two months it will be fabulous.

Congratulations on the arrival. The 2000 is a superb brush although I give the edge to my SOC. I have obviously been lucky since neither of mine had any obvious smell at all.

Well two test lathers so far, and I can already feel the tips starting to soften. I am using it next shave. I see the potential here, and if this brush performs like I think it will then Badger is going to be a thing of the past for me. I am excited!

Jon

Top Bottom