What's new

Acquisitions Monday June 5 - Sunday June 11

My son turned 18 on June 1st. Also, he graduated in "the class of the devil", with the date of 6/6/6! Here he is with his graduation presents:
full

The box contains a C&E Best Badger (see, I not only use one and recommend them, I gave my son one!), a Proraso Tub (he already took my tube!) C&E Almond Shaving Cream, Arko Shaving Sticks, Charles Tyrwhitt Lemon & Cedar Shaving Cream, a Merkur HD Classic, and right in front of him is a check to help finance his California trip that is coming up.

My son, now a man.

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
Thursdays haul:
Simpsons PJ2 Super
Derby Blades (ordered before I fell in love with the Feathers)
Floris JF Shaving Soap

Warm regards,
Alex

KUJO said:
full

Well, after Brian (Madmedic) mentioned colognes at TJ Maxx, I went to the local store (been 1 mile from my house these last 3 years and I've never been in it!). Couldn't find any Pecksniffs but scored a few goodies
  • Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil Shave Cream for $7 (and I had just bought 2 tubs over the week-end!)
  • Pre de Provence Verveine soaps ($3)
  • A Vetiver Linen spray ($3 smell great. I'm keeping this in the car!)
  • A Lavender/Tea Tree hand soap ($3)
So overall I'm a sucker for sales and scents

Then when I got home, my Crabtree & Evelyn box arrived.
  • A best badger brush for my brother (note alliteration)
  • A glass tub of Nomad for me
  • Jojoba hand soaps for SWMBO
  • A free sample of lavender hand cream for us to share

Ahh !the brush looks way better on your photo then it does online at their website ah. it does have a shine to it interesting. your brother is one lucky dude to have you as a guide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Randy, congratulations to you and your son. He is a handsome young man. You and his mother did a good job! :wink:

Austin said:
Randy, congratulations to you and your son. He is a handsome young man. You and his mother did a good job! :wink:
I was going to say something like that too! Congratualtions and I am glad he doesn't look like a hippie! :lol:

guenron said:
I was going to say something like that too! Congratualtions and I am glad he doesn't look like a hippie! :lol:

Did I mention I used PhotoShop to get rid of his waist length hair and full beard???

Guys, thanks for all of the kind comments. It's not often you get to "acquire" a graduate!

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Did I mention I used PhotoShop to get rid of his waist length hair and full beard???

Guys, thanks for all of the kind comments. It's not often you get to "acquire" a graduate!

Randy
Just remember, you are not acquiring a graduate, just losing some additiional shaving kit!!

a banner last two days!

from left to right...

a bottle of cabo wabo reposado - which i sampled last night
tub o'trumper's coconut
box of nag champa incense
penhaligon's hammam bouquet & assorted samples
savile row SR208I
corzo reposado
el senorio anejo mezcal

and...4TH ROW BLACK CROWES TICKETS FOR THE MILWAUKEE SHOW!!!!

soulshine said:
a bottle of cabo wabo reposado - which i sampled last night

From the level in the bottle, it looks like you sampled more than a little! :001_smile I've found it to be good, but a little overpriced. But a friend of mine thinks it's underpriced. You know how it goes from there...

it was a long week & i knew i was blowing off the work day. i like my drinks strong.

as far as the cabo, there is really much better out there. i really enjoy the don julio 1942 (anejo), corazon (reposado), cuervo familia reserva (anejo) & casa noble (reposado & anejo).

i might add that the mezcal i picked up is wicked strong.

s~s

I like them strong as well. :biggrin: Sorry about pointing that out, but I had to give you a hard time.

Good taste. Don Julio Anejo and Corazon Reposado are on my list.

no offense taken at all my friend! :w00t:

there are two don julio anejo. one is the regular square bottle & the other is the 1942. if you enjoy the regular stuff you will flip for the 1942!!

my only real decision tonight is, "do i open the corzo OR crack open some new glarus road slush stout". i have the nag buring and the black crowes dvd cranked this very moment.

s~s

Randy,
Mind if I inquire as to what your son's next step is?
Jeff
University of Utah -- Class of 2000

Top Bottom