What's new

A close call gentlemen...

On a whim looked to the back and buried WAY back there was a glint... hmmm, what the???

I reached to the back and pulled out - my Merkur Slant.

“Can’t believe I have a DE still since coming over to the bright side, ah I’ll give it a whirl."

Whewww-Eeee! Smooth shaver I can tell you.

(Looked left, looked right. Then quickly tucked The Slant away lest I be tempted again.)

Forgive me guys in my weak moment - am I in detention now? :concern:

Or worse, have I been suspended? If so, for how long? :a36:

Is there any way to reenter The Hallowed Hall of Hollow Blades?

I beseech thee, help - name the penance I must perform but above all have me back!

Haven't you heard, straights are dangerous, send those sharpie thingis my way and I'll get rid of them for you.

Since we're doing confessionals, I too reached for my DE today. But I was traveling for work and I just needed one less thing to worry about. I would be lying if I said I didn't at least ask myself the question of whether I preferred my DE to my straights? But no. While it certainly is easier, with more predictable results. I don't think I want to go back. Occasionally sure - but I do love my straights. And my technique benefited greatly from my straight experience.

I used a fat boy the other night if found at a flea market and I might keep it around for when I feel lazy.

I rotate between DE, SE and straight depending on my mood.
The only rule is there are no rules.

However, your crimes are inexcusable.
Forfeit all your shaving gear and be forced to use an electric for the period of 1 week.

I'm sorry, but it's the only way....

*ahem* please turn in your member's jacket and card; we will strike your name from the role. The attendant will call you a cab.

I rotate between DE, SE and straight depending on my mood.
The only rule is there are no rules.

i do the same. even the rolls razor too. however the S.E. and rolls dont see much action. even the D.E.'S are few and far between. BUT,,,, they are there if the mood strikes.

I have been using a Fatboy for the past couple of weeks for a change of pace, but I'll be back to the straights for the next shave. No big deal, just enjoy yourself.

i only use my DE for manscaping on occasion... most the time i use a straight for that also....

shame on you.......

Sometimes I fear that when I get a "real" job; I'll have to go back to DE's. Not because they are fast, close, or easy, or what have you, but because my straights give me the perfect 1.5 day shave lol.

Me thinks the only solution is to master an edge that will give me the perfect 2 day shave (Sharpton 30K?) : ). That, or do a noon day shave in the men's room lol!!

Not sure the "guys" would be ok with that lol?

i only use my DE for manscaping on occasion... most the time i use a straight for that also....

shame on you.......

I'm waiting for the Darwin Award report on the Florida man who castrated himself with a homemade kamisori :lol:

Top Bottom