What's new

A close call gentlemen...

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
There will be mutiny on the B&B. welcome back onboard Captain........your public confession is punishment enough.
now stay on the straight and narrow.

...i too have to admit...... although i so do want to enjoy shaving with a straight razor....

......at the moment, i get a closer shave and cleaner shave (less bleeding) with a DE.........

Sometimes I fear that when I get a "real" job; I'll have to go back to DE's. Not because they are fast, close, or easy, or what have you, but because my straights give me the perfect 1.5 day shave lol.

Me thinks the only solution is to master an edge that will give me the perfect 2 day shave (Sharpton 30K?) : ). That, or do a noon day shave in the men's room lol!!

Not sure the "guys" would be ok with that lol?

back off the last pass or so... this was my problem as well. It messes up my schedule everytime i go for super super closeness.

So doc – I just have to ask. Now that you’ve found your new hobby, when you walk into surgery, do you critic the tech who “preps” the area for surgery now lol!

I bounce back and forth. Straight when I want to relax and go through the ritual of stropping and have the time to make sure the blade gets oiled and back into humidity control storage. If I am rushed (even slightly) it is DE or SE razor time. I have to admit that lately it has been more DE/SE than straight for me but today I will remedy that as I plan on taking as much time as I need/want for today's shave...

So doc – I just have to ask. Now that you’ve found your new hobby, when you walk into surgery, do you critic the tech who “preps” the area for surgery now lol!

We use a betadine prep-that is very drying and "Sticky" would not work at all. Also I must say my straights are much, much sharper than the scalpels used in surgery. The scalpels can shave hair but with some tugging, and forget the HHT, they give a solid 0. If you look at the bevel with a loupe the scratch pattern is similar to a 1K stone.

Seraphim are you interested in taking pics of a scalpel, I can send you one.

Top Bottom