What's new

Bandanas Anyone?

You should totally rock a fur hat in the winter.

Attachments

• $winterhat.jpg
    $winterhat.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 70
I think you can get away with wearing whatever you want. The guy that walks up to you and says something is either stupid, or extreeeeemmly confident.

I think you can get away with wearing whatever you want. The guy that walks up to you and says something is either stupid, or extreeeeemmly confident.

LMAO. Looks can be deceiving. I'm really just a big teddy bear. I'd probably just shake his hand, thank him for his honesty and buy him a beer.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Right, well then, *ahem* you look silly.

(Patiently awaiting my Labatt's Biue ...)

A fez? how about a lambskin Diplomate? no one rocks them like Henry Kissenger!

proxy.php

Or the Mink skull cap?

proxy.php

Or a red fox baseball cap?

proxy.php

Last edited:
that mink skull cap would match my mink stole!

Jim that red fox baseball hat is quite the faux paus. Anybody with a inkling of class knows silver fox is the only one to wear.

I'll throw my support in for the bandana! I too am a large bald bearded, tattooed man. I go about 6' 5" and about 350. (and yes I too look like the sort my mom warned me about too) I really don't care if anybody likes the bandana or not. It's the sweat running into my eyes while out in the heat that is the deciding factor, not the fashion sensibility or lack thereof. It's function over form. Granted I'm not taking my dear wife to a nice steakhouse wearing it, but I don't think my lawnmower cares.

I look terrible in a hat.

Okay, there I said it. That being said, since I am bald I need to keep my head cool and sun free in the summer, yet not exposed to snow in the winter. My solution is the bandana, works great, fits in my pocket if I don't need it, goes right in the washing machine, they are almost free. One small problem. I'm 5'10, full beard, lots of tattoos and 250 lbs. I look like the kind of person my mother warned me about, even when I'm dressed for a 'day at the office'.

One of these days I'm gonna find a hat that looks good on me, dang it!

ps, Sorry about the vent.

I very much understand your problem. SWMBO says all too often that I look scary even when I put on my sunglasses. I cannot wear a bandana because as you stated bald needs sun free and also warm. NOT every hat works. BUT you can make some of them work out of shear confidence. I would not do the black fedora shown earlier. It's not good on us big guys - needs a Sammy Davis Jr. kinda guy, IMHO. You would need a larger fedora like in my avatar, not a little "cap". Take someone with you to find a good hat. Get their opinion. BTW, if you like bandanas and can get away with them at work then go for it. My winter special is a Stormy Kromer. (Grey)
sk.funks.133-w.png

Summer is a driving cap. Usually worn backward. I like it and, so I'm told, others like it too. It takes some balls to wear a Kromer when not hunting and make it look good with my work ties.

I'll throw my support in for the bandana! I too am a large bald bearded, tattooed man. I go about 6' 5" and about 350. (and yes I too look like the sort my mom warned me about too) I really don't care if anybody likes the bandana or not. It's the sweat running into my eyes while out in the heat that is the deciding factor, not the fashion sensibility or lack thereof. It's function over form. Granted I'm not taking my dear wife to a nice steakhouse wearing it, but I don't think my lawnmower cares.

Amen Brother!

It's not your fault guys: it's Bret Michaels and other D-bags who are ruining it for the rest of you. Bandanas used to be cool until exceedingly uncool people began wearing them.

Top Bottom