What's new

Castle forbes

Scent/Smell: CF Lime - Fantastic fresh natural lime scent, BUT sub par performance on sensitive skin because of the strong Lime Essential oil in this cream.......
Performance: CF Lavender - NO DOUBT !!!

YMMV

I do not like lavender or lime very much, so I would vote for the cedar & sandalwood. I felt it's lather was top shelf. Ymmv.

It seems expensive because the price is high but the stuff is very concentrated so a little goes a long way. I wish that manufacturers would start selling creams by weight instead of volume so we could accurately compare the price of different products.

I have both Lime and Lavender, which I've had a lot longer. To me, both perform equally and the only difference is the scent. You can't go wrong with either. If you want one go with the scent you like better.

Its summertime, so I will say Lime, which I am using almost daily now.

And I must disagree with the above, Castle Forbes is a superior product to almost every other cream I have ever tried. I wish it werent so, but it just is. Scent, latherability, protection, blade glide . . . all around winner. I like a lot of variety, but I always reach for the CF because I know if I pick anything else up it wont compare. And trust me I have a lot of creams.

And I must disagree with the above, Castle Forbes is a superior product to almost every other cream I have ever tried. I wish it werent so, but it just is. Scent, latherability, protection, blade glide . . . all around winner. I like a lot of variety, but I always reach for the CF because I know if I pick anything else up it wont compare. And trust me I have a lot of creams.

+1

I have the lavender and lime creams, and my only regret is that I waited so long to get them. The tubs seem expensive, but they are 200ml! And the cream is really dense, in a large rotation it will last you a long time. Shoot in a small rotation they'll last a long time.

Last edited:
I agree with Price, CF is an exceptional shaving cream that is in a class by itself. I think that a very strong case can be made that it is a good value as well because very little product is required to get a great lather. Especially when you consider that is a 6.8 oz. jar. I have all three but the best for me is the Lavender which, in my view is the finest lavender product on the market. I enjoy the Lime in warmer months and the Cedar/Sandalwood in cooler weather.

Regards,

Doug

I have both Lime and Lavender, which I've had a lot longer. To me, both perform equally and the only difference is the scent. You can't go wrong with either. If you want one go with the scent you like better.

+1 I have used both and I find them to work the same for me. I think it is the best cream or soap I have used to date. I would like to try the Cedar/Sandalwood but I find while I like Cedar often I do not care for Sandalwood so I have not been willing to drop the cash.

CF is expensive but when you look at it ounce for ounce next to anything else it is not really out of line. I have had ZERO lather issues with it, ever..

+1 I have used both and I find them to work the same for me. I think it is the best cream or soap I have used to date. I would like to try the Cedar/Sandalwood but I find while I like Cedar often I do not care for Sandalwood so I have not been willing to drop the cash.

CF is expensive but when you look at it ounce for ounce next to anything else it is not really out of line. I have had ZERO lather issues with it, ever..

In my experience, Paul, the sandalwood was barely detectable - overpowered by the cedar.

Top Bottom