What's new

Returning to Cartridge....Not

Just for the heck of it, I decided to try an experiment. Why not use my old Quattro with the same care and attention I use with my DE? Would the results be any different?

Well, ok, I got a decent shave. The razor itself was really easy to use...you really don't have to pay it as much attention as a DE. The problem was ...first, the return of irritation. Second, the shave wasn't all that close because I started feeling stubble way early in the afternoon.

Plus, it just wasn't much fun.

Let's hear it for the DE, especially my Slant, which I began using just a few days ago! I love my 38c too.

There's just no turning back ....

Jim

Just for the heck of it, I decided to try an experiment. Why not use my old Quattro with the same care and attention I use with my DE? Would the results be any different?

Well, ok, I got a decent shave. The razor itself was really easy to use...you really don't have to pay it as much attention as a DE. The problem was ...first, the return of irritation. Second, the shave wasn't all that close because I started feeling stubble way early in the afternoon.

Plus, it just wasn't much fun.

Let's hear it for the DE, especially my Slant, which I began using just a few days ago! I love my 38c too.

There's just no turning back ....

Jim

For a while recently I only had 1 DE and it broke, so I had to go back to using the Mach 3 that had been in the drawer for the last 13 months. It did work well, I could get a very close shave, but ripped up my face something awful and you're right cartridge razors don't have a soul, they aren't fun to use.

Recently I've been talking to my neighbor who is American, but of Thai/Chinese decent and he doesn't have very heavy facial hair. He told me he has used the same Mach 3 blade for more than a year!! That doesn't even seem possible.

Recently I've been talking to my neighbor who is American, but of Thai/Chinese decent and he doesn't have very heavy facial hair. He told me he has used the same Mach 3 blade for more than a year!! That doesn't even seem possible.
Karl,
I wonder how many times a week he shaves?

Karl,
I wonder how many times a week he shaves?

I'm guessing once. Maybe twice? Still, that's at least 52 shaves or as many as 104. I asked that question but at the time we had just finished a delicious dinner of lamb, and were polishing off the bottle of wine. So, my memory is a little foggy on details. I'll be sure to get that info.

Top Bottom