Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Weleda skin food

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Godfrey IL
    Posts
    324

    Default Weleda skin food

    I was wondering if anyone knows how this would compare to a Trumper's. I picked some up at my local Walgreen's. They also have Men's shaving on the web site but unfortunately not at the store.http://shop.weleda.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=9859
    Last edited by rtheen; 10-30-2007 at 04:11 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    I've tried the waleda aftershave balsam which as an aftershave balm and its not bad stuff. I don't know if its similar to their skin food but its not in the same class as trumpers.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,136
    Images
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rtheen View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knows how this would compare to a Trumper's. I picked some up at my local Walgreen's. They also have Men's shaving on the web site but unfortunately not at the store.http://shop.weleda.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=9859
    These skin foods are totally different products. The Weleda is a rich, thick cream, more akin to a hand cream (I use it as such), whereas the Trumper products are liquid. Their compositions are also quite different. Whereas the Trumper skin foods are glycerin-based, the Weleda cream is mostly fat-based.

    Both skin-food types are excellent products in their own rights. In fact, I have had excellent results with all Weleda product I have ever used. Weleda has, in their shaving lineup, a dedicated cream, but it is so expensive that I never bought it. I did use a sample once, and I must say that that cream is outstanding.

    So, I think the only common aspect of the two is the term "skin food", but this term does not describe a type of cosmetics; it's just a slogan.

    Best - MM

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northampton, England
    Posts
    191
    Images
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mozart View Post
    Weleda has, in their shaving lineup, a dedicated cream, but it is so expensive that I never bought it.
    Would you be referring to this cream:
    http://www.weleda.co.uk/products/nam...ct_id/00400900
    David

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,136
    Images
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exapno View Post
    Would you be referring to this cream:
    http://www.weleda.co.uk/products/nam...ct_id/00400900
    No, that's the regular shaving cream.

    I am referring to this one:

    http://www.weleda.co.uk/products/nam...ct_id/00404400

    Best - MM

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northampton, England
    Posts
    191
    Images
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mozart View Post
    No, that's the regular shaving cream.

    I am referring to this one:

    http://www.weleda.co.uk/products/nam...ct_id/00404400

    Best - MM

    6.95... that's not so expensive, hold on... 30ml? 7 for 30ml..? That is expensive..
    David

Similar Threads

  1. Weleda skin food
    By dannymayo in forum Skin, Body & Hair Care
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 01:12 AM
  2. Weleda skin food
    By dannymayo in forum General Shaving Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 06:52 PM
  3. FT: 200 ml GFT Limes Skin Food for Sandalwood Skin Food
    By poonjaji in forum Shaving Mall - Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 05:19 PM
  4. Coral Skin Food to trade for Lime Skin Food
    By Namdnas in forum Shaving Mall - Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 07:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By accessing Badger & Blade, you agree to abide by the Terms of Usage. You can find our Privacy Policy here.
Once submitted, any posts, images, or content become the property of Badger & Blade.
Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.