What's new

Contest: ID this vintage pen -- win free ink!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I am so far away from knowing the answer to this puzzle ...

... that I ought to get a free bottle of ink just for being this dumb. :letterk1:

I've looked at so many pages about German pens, button fillers, and Parker history (and sometimes pages upon pages of Google image results) that two things are happening:

I'm going cross eyed.
I'm itching for a Duofold (Sr. Actually).

Now, I've read conflicting reports, but nobody has guessed it so I'm going to try.

Osmia?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I've looked at so many pages about German pens, button fillers, and Parker history...

Osmia?

Kinda what I wanted, folks need to realize that a lot of great pens were coming from pre-war Germany (as well as most countries) and I hope you had some fun researching.

Not Osmia though, but you were very close as they also got swallowed up by the Parker development group in Baden-Baden.

Last gasp attempt.... ( I gotta work instead of doing research like JPDyson)

Bohler?

Edit: Not entirely sure that Bohler was a separate company from Osmia.
So going with Kaweco instead :)

Last edited:
The research was fun, but I'm stumped.
Just like straight razors there are lots of vintage pen companies.
My mind is officially blown.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
OK, I guess you guys have worked hard enough! I'm going to pick two members from those who made any attempts up until noon today (random.org) and send out a couple of nice Sheaffer petite notebooks. I'll pick the winners tomorrow.

I'll admit, it was more obscure than I figured and will soon run another (easier) contest for the vintage bottle of Sanford's Penit. Sorry for any brain strain and thanks to all the folks who participated! Raatt, Mike H, Maxman, Haggises, JPDyson, Ray Guy, oc_in_fw, and flat_tire.

OK -- it's officially over so here is the final clue -- this should help:

proxy.php

I did encounter that brand in my search, but never a good picture of a pen that matched. Now I see an article highlighting their 1969 acquisition by Parker. Funny how a missing piece found makes a puzzle easy!

Good show, Doug. More like this.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Haggises and maxman are the winners! I will PM you both to see if you want the prizes, Sheaffer address books that were made in Italy.

Another ID test coming soon.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
proxy.php

From some research at FPN:
Luxor
Heinrich Hebborn and Heinrich Schlicksupp left Kaweco in 1925 and set up the Luxor company in Köln (Cologne). After the first bankruptcy of Kaweco in 1929 they returned to the old Kaweco building in Heidelberg. The Köln plant was destroyed in WW II. The company also produced its own nibs. The Luxor nib imprint is an Egyptian pyramid.
The firm was taken over in 1969 by the Parker branch in Baden-Baden.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Congratulations to the winners and thanks, Nemo. I got to see a lot of pens I never knew about

but, but, but, I never win anything!

I came across the name Luxor in my searching, but obviously didn't dig deep enough.
Thanks for a great fun research project!

Doug, thank you very much for the Scheaffer notebook. It's a little beauty and will get much use, even in these days of electronica.You are a fine gentleman! Thank you!

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Yes, thanks again Doug, the little exercise prompted me to go hunting for a Czechoslovakian or German pre war fountain pen...

So, I bought two Vacumatics and a VP.

:shocked:

Still hunting!

Last edited:
Top Bottom