What's new

New Proraso splash and balm - please report your experiences

The splash has the same scent as the old,but I feel it has a little less menthol,still works great.I have the Green Tea and Oat Aftershave balm and like it alot,no menthol in it at all.The Green Tea and Oat PrePost cream seems to have some menthol in it,I dont see menthol listed in the ingredients.I tried the Sandalwood and Shea Butter shaving cream and it lathered like a champ,nice and slick.All in all I'd say they're on par with the old formula.

I have not used the green tea and oat balm yet (it just arrived yesterday), but upon smelling it, I must admit I miss a bit of the coconut smell from the previous formulation. The new formula smells more like the old proraso white tub. Having said that, I am certain that performance will still be top notch.

Used the new Red sandalwood this AM. Like Gam said, lathers up real nice & is slick. Not a real strong scent. Disclaimer - my only other comparison is AOS sandalwood & by accounts of most on B&B it is robust. Regardless, I really like it.

Used Oat/tea balm afterwards. Also mild scent, no menthol. Pretty neutral by my account, but definitely did the job. This is my first Poraso balm, so I cannot compare it to any 'old' formulation.

Have not tried green splash yet.

I have tried out the Sandalwood and shea butter, and I really like it. Have not given the new balm or sensitive soap tub a go yet, but have it in my stash.

I've used both old and new AS splashes, having just tried the new (green) AS splash this morning.

The menthol content seems about the same to me. It's probably not quite as sticky as the old, though I didn't think the old as very sticky, either. IMO no degradation in quality or performance. The scent of the new seems to linger a little longer, but not by much.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a bottle of the new splash.

I have a bottle of the oat ASB in the mail. I have tried a lot of the reformulated line, and it is quite refreshing to go through a reformulation with better/ just as great as the old stuff. I am always scared at the "R "word.

Top Bottom