What's new

Mt Brush Collection & New Arrival

Hi Guys

Took a couple of pics of my brush collection.

My new Kent BK8 arrived yetserday :001_smile and as a major suprise I received a BK2 as well!!!

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Nigel.... You gave assembled a nice group there for sure! Enjoy that BK 8 I know you will. The Kent brushes are pound for pound some of the most delightful shaving brushes made for sure!

I'll second that, Mike. :wink: I used the Kent BK 12 this morning and said to myself that there is no brush (I have tried) as luxurious as a Kent. Anyone want an English shaving brush? Go Kent.

In the first picture: what is the brush on the far right? Obviously it's a Kent, but what model number? What kind of hair? Price range? I really like the look of that brush and can feel some BAD flaring up.

In the first picture: what is the brush on the far right? Obviously it's a Kent, but what model number? What kind of hair? Price range? I really like the look of that brush and can feel some BAD flaring up.

Hi there

The brush to the far right is my new Kent BK8 (unused). I paid GBP£60.00 and I am told by Kent that it is Silvertip Super badger hair.

(1st Picture L-R) BK2, BK4, BK8

Kind regards
NIGEL

Very nice! :drool: I only use a lower end badger brush right now, but those photos make me dream of that future day when a fine Kent will grace my shaving area. Oh, for RAD to subside... Or should I say, give way to BAD! :biggrin:

The BK-2 and BK-4 look about identical size-wise. Is there a difference?
Does the BK-4 have better hair - looks lighter in color?

I think the only diffrece between bk2 and bk4, is the grade of hair. I could be wrong. I don't have a Kent yet, but they do look great for sure.

Hi guys

Previously posted picture details.

Picture 1 from Left - Right

Kent BK2 Best Badger
Kent BK4 Silvertip Badger
Kent BK8 Silvertip Badger

Picture 2 from Left - Right

Vie-Long Best Badger
Kent BK2
Kent BK4
Kent BK8
Vie-Long Horse Hair
Vulfix Pure Bristle (my first brush)

Kind regards
NIGEL

Many thanks for the post. Lovely collection. Is the BK2 more prickly feeling then the BK4 ? My Kent BK4 is soft and luxurious but not at all scritchy.

Many thanks for the post. Lovely collection. Is the BK2 more prickly feeling then the BK4 ? My Kent BK4 is soft and luxurious but not at all scritchy.

Yes the BK2 is a bit more scritchy, am looking forward to trying the BK8 :001_tt1:

Top Bottom