What's new

I have found my new fav razor...Gillette Senator!

I've been using the R41 recently and have liked it because of the aggressiveness, however I sometimes get the "burned" irritating feeling after shaving with it. No nicks or cuts...just mild irritation. This morning I decided to try my Gillette Senator that had been on display, and WOW it is aggressive and smooth. Do you all agree with me on the loving the Senator?

$photo 1.jpg$photo 2.jpg

The Senator gets lots of love here...why? Because it is a awesome razor!!! Congrats on finding that right combo for your face!!

I like my Senator. For me, it shaves very much like my 1934 Aristocrat. In fact, I'd bet the heads are the same apart from finish. It seems a tad more sensitive to technique than my other favorite TTOs, the 1947 Super Speed.

Thanks for posting the photos of the Senator, retrolike. It is very nice.

I'm grateful to read this thread on the Senator/Sheraton. I'm intrigued by them. The combination of open comb and TTO seems special. Are there any other Gillette TTO models with open combs?

These are fantastic razors! Although I don't have the Senator, I have two sheratons and I like 'em. They are the same razor, except for the plating.

I'm grateful to read this thread on the Senator/Sheraton. I'm intrigued by them. The combination of open comb and TTO seems special. Are there any other Gillette TTO models with open combs?

The '30s-style Aristocrat, Sheraton, and Senator are the only open-comb TTO American Gillettes, but the Brits made what are arguably the nicest ones in their Aristocrats and Populars. Achim's got quite a few open-comb TTOs posted on his site that you'd probably be interested in.

I've been using the R41 recently and have liked it because of the aggressiveness, however I sometimes get the "burned" irritating feeling after shaving with it. No nicks or cuts...just mild irritation. This morning I decided to try my Gillette Senator that had been on display, and WOW it is aggressive and smooth. Do you all agree with me on the loving the Senator?

View attachment 239940View attachment 239941

Retrolike, were you using a feather in your senator?

Top Bottom