What's new

Irisch Moos Shave Stick Discontinued?

I was just reading on another forum where bullgoose posted this morning that he tried to order more of the Irish Moose Shave Stick, but was told that it had been discontinued and no longer being made. He was going to try and check with some other distributors on Monday for possible purchase. So, stock up now if it is a favorite soap of yours.

Not to start alarms and bells and I maybe wrong but doesnt the same company make Tabac? Also Tom I just got done shaving with that La toja stick and it was great, I kinda feel like I got the better of our trade.:001_smile

I'll be picking up some when connaught opens its doors again. I've been meaning to try the Moos but haven't got around to it :(

Not to start alarms and bells and I maybe wrong but doesnt the same company make Tabac? Also Tom I just got done shaving with that La toja stick and it was great, I kinda feel like I got the better of our trade.:001_smile

La Toja stick is great and the trade was a good one because I got to meet and share something that I enjoy with a fellow shaver. I tried to sample of TOBS Lavender shave cream and I thought it was really nice and I was able to stock up on the Palmolive stick which is one that I really enjoy using and was down to my last one. Let me know your thoughts on the QCS Vostok as I was really impressed with the quality of this shave cream. In the book The Education of Little Tree the young boy is told by his grandmother that when you come upon something that is good, first thing to do is share it with whoever you can find; that way, the good spreads out to where no telling it will go.

La Toja stick is great and the trade was a good one because I got to meet and share something that I enjoy with a fellow shaver. I tried to sample of TOBS Lavender shave cream and I thought it was really nice and I was able to stock up on the Palmolive stick which is one that I really enjoy using and was down to my last one. Let me know your thoughts on the QCS Vostok as I was really impressed with the quality of this shave cream. In the book The Education of Little Tree the young boy is told by his grandmother that when you come upon something that is good, first thing to do is share it with whoever you can find; that way, the good spreads out to where no telling it will go.

Glad you liked the TOBS, and I will try the Vostok later this week.

I heard a rumour several months ago that the SIM stick had been discontinued, but it's been freely available at the UK site. It's a good stick with an OKish scent, but I won't be rushing out to buy another.

Yes, they do, and Tabac has always been available in all 3 forms, puck, stick, and cream.
The Moose has always been just the stick and cream. Looks like sales aren't strong enough to continue producing the tallow product. It's a shame because if they made it in puck, I would have been buying it.

Hmmm... haven't heard of this on the German forums yet (where many like it and discuss it plenty); the website of Mäurer & Wirtz, producer of SIM and Tabac (http://beauty.m-w.de/sir-irisch-moos/language/en.html) does not reveal anything of that nature either.

http://www.sir-irisch-moos.com/produkte.php specifically shows the stick, too. Of course they might be lax about updating the site, or perhaps "discontinued" merely means that this USA distributor has decided to stop carrying it.

Top Bottom