What's new

Safety Razor of the Month - Merkurs - May 2012 - Win a $25 Gift Certificate!

First off, I'd like to introduce myself as the new Safety Razor Forum Steward. I was given the wonderful opportunity to be a part of this great forum a couple of weeks ago. Also, allow me the pleasure of introducing MacDaddy/Porter as my partner-in-crime. Not only is he new to the Safety Razor Forum but he is a newly appointed Steward!

Without further ado, this month's featured safety razor will be Merkur razors. Post pictures of your Merkurs, to include re-branded Merkurs, and you'll be entered to win one of two $25 gift certificates to the B&B supporting vendor of your choice!

Rules
1. Porter and I will choose our favorite three pictures at the end of May. Members will then vote and the person who gets the most votes will win a $25 gift certificate!

2. I know how much people hate to vote so to encourage voting, I'm offering a random voter a chance to win a second $25 gift certificate. The voting will stay open for two weeks and once the public poll is closed, I'll use random.org to choose a name from the voters.

3. If you make the final six, you can vote for yourself. Also, if you're a finalist and don't win, you're still eligible to win the second gift certificate!

I'll start things off by posting pictures of my Merkur Futur.

Merkur 34C/HD and Merkur 37C/Slant

Two great former razors that I sold; I already had the barber pole versions.

Pictures to come:

• Merkur 11C/Open Comb
  • Merkur 12C/Barber Pole Open Comb
  • Merkur 23C/Long-Handled Safety Bar
  • Merkur 25C/Long-Handled Open Comb
  • Merkur 39C/Barber Pole Slant
  • Merkur 38C/Barber Pole Safety Bar
  • Merkur Progress, Long Handle
  • Merkur Vision 2000
  • Rebranded Merkurs: Several Hoffritz slants, a Hoffritz travel razor, and a Coles slant
My pictures are quite boring as I have no creativity whatsoever. I'm sure you can do better. Post your best pictures of your Merkurs and join in the Merkur May fun!

Last edited:
Ahh, the chrome Futur! Isn't it just the loveliest razor...

Oh, by the way: Is there a deeper reason for the HD and Slant to miss their tops? *g*

Last edited:
Ahh, the chrome Futur! Isn't it just the loveliest razor...

Oh, by the way: Is there a deeper reason for the HD and Slant to miss their tops? *g*

Yeah, I was taking pictures for the current owner of the razors and I didn't have any fully assembled pics. I didn't even realize the top caps were missing from the pictures.

37c, 34c, and 34c
$IMG_5451.jpg

$IMG_5465.jpg

$IMG_5460.jpg

Last edited:

A few pictures of my Merkur razors...

$Screen Shot 2012-05-02 at 11.00.13 AM.jpg

Merkur Futur

$Screen Shot 2012-05-02 at 10.58.48 AM.jpg

Merkur 12C (Open Comb Barber Pole with matching brush)

$Screen Shot 2012-05-02 at 10.59.09 AM.jpg

Merkur 45 Bakelite

$Screen Shot 2012-05-02 at 10.59.31 AM.jpg

Merkur
41001 (Classic 1904 Open Comb)

More Merkurs...

$Screen Shot 2012-05-02 at 11.59.07 AM.jpg

Merkur 12C (Heavy Duty Open Comb)

$Screen Shot 2012-05-02 at 11.59.48 AM.jpg

Merkur 34C (Heavy Duty Closed Comb)

$Screen Shot 2012-05-02 at 12.00.00 PM.jpg

Merkur
42001 (Classic 1904 Closed Comb)

$Screen Shot 2012-05-02 at 12.00.19 PM.jpg

Merkur 38C (Closed Comb Barber Pole)

$Screen Shot 2012-05-02 at 12.00.39 PM.jpg

Last edited:
WOW, some nice looking pics. i'll have to find a way to compete with the Photo's, and get a shot of my modified Progress Bull Progress Deluxe

Here's a little picture I put together!

It's the legendary John Henry, holding my 39C SlantHammer. Because this razor is so big and bada**, it takes a man that big and bada** to weild it!
Enjoy, and thanks James for the opportunity!

proxy.php

Last edited:
Thanks for letting us show off our German goodies.

My nifty Merkur Bakelite, T&H turnback travel brush and Proraso in the tube.
$_MG_1350.jpg

My Merkur Open Comb, Duke3 in best and some yummy Cella
$_MG_1360.jpg

My Merkur HD, 25 yr old brush and my all time favourite soap

$_MG_1377.jpg

Top Bottom