First off, I'd like to introduce myself as the new Safety Razor Forum Steward. I was given the wonderful opportunity to be a part of this great forum a couple of weeks ago. Also, allow me the pleasure of introducing MacDaddy/Porter as my partner-in-crime. Not only is he new to the Safety Razor Forum but he is a newly appointed Steward!
Without further ado, this month's featured safety razor will be Merkur razors. Post pictures of your Merkurs, to include re-branded Merkurs, and you'll be entered to win one of two $25 gift certificates to the B&B supporting vendor of your choice!
I'll start things off by posting pictures of my Merkur Futur.1. Porter and I will choose our favorite three pictures at the end of May. Members will then vote and the person who gets the most votes will win a $25 gift certificate!
2. I know how much people hate to vote so to encourage voting, I'm offering a random voter a chance to win a second $25 gift certificate. The voting will stay open for two weeks and once the public poll is closed, I'll use random.org to choose a name from the voters.
3. If you make the final six, you can vote for yourself. Also, if you're a finalist and don't win, you're still eligible to win the second gift certificate!
Merkur 34C/HD and Merkur 37C/Slant
Two great former razors that I sold; I already had the barber pole versions.
Pictures to come:
- Merkur 11C/Open Comb
- Merkur 12C/Barber Pole Open Comb
- Merkur 23C/Long-Handled Safety Bar
- Merkur 25C/Long-Handled Open Comb
- Merkur 39C/Barber Pole Slant
- Merkur 38C/Barber Pole Safety Bar
- Merkur Progress, Long Handle
- Merkur Vision 2000
- Rebranded Merkurs: Several Hoffritz slants, a Hoffritz travel razor, and a Coles slant
My pictures are quite boring as I have no creativity whatsoever. I'm sure you can do better. Post your best pictures of your Merkurs and join in the Merkur May fun!