Thread: Problem Posting Photo in the Cafe

Default Problem Posting Photo in the Cafe

I have posted photos from my computer (My Pictures) many times before. I am trying to post a single photo right now and it doesn't give me the browse link when I clock on the Computer tab. I then went to the Post Test Site and could post the photo right away, the link came up fine. What might be the problem?

Could I please have an admin respond to my post. Why can I post a photo directly from my computer on any thread that I start, but if I am replying to a thread already in progress, it will not let me post a photo from my computer? I even tried it on this reply I am typing--no go. So if someone asks for a picture of a soap container ingredient list, I can't reply to the thread with a photo from my computer. Help, please.

There is no reason you can't insert an image to your replies. Just hit the insert image button in the editor and upload your file.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chrysanthemum.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	240097

If you can do it on a new thread posting, you should be able to do it on a reply.
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kcackler View Post
    There is no reason you can't insert an image to your replies. Just hit the insert image button in the editor and upload your file.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chrysanthemum.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	240097

If you can do it on a new thread posting, you should be able to do it on a reply.
    Kevin, thanks for replying. I know how to do it--I have entered scores of photos over the last year and a half. Yet, now when I try to do exactly that using the insert icon in the editor, I get the box that usually allows you to get photos from your computer or a URL. When I click computer, the browse entry box does not show up. It does, however, show up when I post a new thread.

So, although the editor "insert image" icon takes me to the box that says I have a choice of entering from my computer or from a URL, it does not give me access to the computer option. Yet, in a new thread, it does give me that option. Somehow, a command has been dropped in my reply posts that is there when I start a new thread. Could you please look into that for me?I'm sure it is something simple. Thanks.

What browser are you using? There is no setting that says "X user can't attach photos to replies" so it's got to be some sort of issue between our scripts and your browser.

Try changing your edit back to standard or enhanced instead of WYSIWYG and see if that helps any.
    Kevin

What browser are you using? There is no setting that says "X user can't attach photos to replies" so it's got to be some sort of issue between our scripts and your browser.

Try changing your edit back to standard or enhanced instead of WYSIWYG and see if that helps any.
    You could also try clicking 'Advanced' and then going to 'Manage Attachments' to see if you can attach a picture that way. That's the way I've always done it. I've never used the 'Insert Image' icon before. I never even knew there was another way to do it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture Upload.jpg  
    Last edited by AABCDS; 05-02-2012 at 05:55 AM.

Good point. I hadn't though of that, and I bet it works perfectly for you.
    Kevin

Good point. I hadn't though of that, and I bet it works perfectly for you.
    Yes, it sure did. That's how I attached that grainy screen shot!

Hilarious... :)
    Kevin

I was able to use the Advanced button and inside that field when I clicked the Insert Image button it allowed me access to the photo from computer option. Who knows why these things happen?

Thanks Kevin and James. I'm inserting a random photo from my computer here just so I know it will work. Regards.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	El Pico.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	240403

Which browser are you using? I'm using Chrome and I was able to get the 'From Computer' tab to show after clicking on the 'Insert Image' icon but I know that Chrome doesn't always show some webpages correctly. I had trouble last month while looking at my watch list on eBay.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture Upload-1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	240405
    Last edited by AABCDS; 05-02-2012 at 02:39 PM.

I'm using IE9 on a Windows 7 netbook. It's a new set up for me. Granted, all my past photo entering was from either a netbook or laptop, both running IE8 and Windows XP. Thanks again for your suggestion. As long as it works for me I'm just going to move on and chalk it up to some electronics quirk.