What's new

I think I just brought wet shaving back to my dad.

I bought my dad a little starter set that I put together. p160 150g from italianbarber, badger brush, Gillette tto from the 40's, old spice AS, Proraso AS, Proraso Pre-Shave, a sampler of gillette blades and some Dorco blades.
I showed him the basics of lathering and using the safety razor. He made short work of it rather quickly (he used one for awhile when he was a teenager). He was quite surprised at the result, and I think I have a convert.

A side note. He mentioned that in middle school, if he didn't shave, they would make him shave with a DE Razor dry. I forgot how soft we have become these days [sigh].

I've been trying to get my dad into DE shaving since I started this endeavour, and figured it wouldn't be too hard since I know he used to use a Superspeed when he was my age, but he's convinced that his Mach3 cartridges are better. Tisk tisk. Maybe one day.

My dad never used a DE...I believe he's used electrics exclusively. I was showing him a couple of the razors I recently bought though, and he seemed interested. When I have enough supplies to be lending some out, I'm going to try to convince him to have a go.

Top Bottom