What's new

Built My Self A New Pen

I got some new material in the other day and thought I would build myself a pen.
It takes Parker style refills but I have the Itoya gel in it right now.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The clip was from a bunch of parts I got a while ago.

Hope you all like.

This all started when my son was looking at a pile of skids that I had brought home to heat my studio.​
He ended up pulling out 1/4 of the wood for his stash. While I was out there the other day thinking hey this kid has a good eye for wood grain.​
So I took one of the smaller pieces and because I have always admired Pilot's wood pen though what the heck.​

There were no kits used on this pen. All the inserts were made up and epoxied into the wood.​
I went with clip less on this one because it is going to be my desk pen. Because I don't like to post pens I made the body 3/8 of an inch longer to give it some weight.
proxy.php

proxy.php

For a nib I used a nice Cross F that had in stock and it has made for a nice looking pen.

proxy.php

Now all I have to do is make up the cap and it is complete.

Chris

Thank you very much.

Always playing around in the studio.

A question off hand does anyone know the thread size on a safety razor? Are they all the same or would I have to measure every one.

Thanks

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
A question off hand does anyone know the thread size on a safety razor? Are they all the same or would I have to measure every one.

Thanks

US three piece razors use a 10/32
German ones are M5 x 0.8

Top Bottom